The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to lead our central UX writing systems efforts. This role will lead a team of UX writers, engineers, and program managers to establish the infrastructure to manage our English language text strings. This includes the technical aspects, the evolution of guidelines and operational efforts to scale the knowledge and best practices across the organisation, helping us evolve the voice and tone of Spotify at scale.
What you'll do
- Be accountable for the broader strategy to establish an enterprise Level UX writing system that seamlessly integrates with our localization systems and design systems
- Collaborate with the design leadership to establish and articulate a vision for the voice and tone at Spotify
- Look for opportunities to grow the impact of writing across the Spotify experience, whether these a UX commands, product descriptions or marketing messages
- Seek to be data-informed and customer-centric. Work with leads and senior executives to understand our aspirations and strategies
- Drive the business case for UX writing systems adoption
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the members on your team, working with them on professional development, output and productivity
Who you are
- You are a seasoned UX writing manager who can build and articulate a compelling vision
- You have experience in scaling product development, product design and front-end engineering in an enterprise setting
- You have domain expertise in UX writing and voice and tone development
- You are an interdisciplinary collaborator, skilled at blending different perspectives in the pursuit of a mission
- You build positive relationships across different teams and disciplines and are an excellent communicator and storyteller
- You are an outstanding influencer with senior partners
- You are excellent at sorting out ambiguity to ensure your team has the appropriate information and direction needed
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.