Senior Packaging Copywriter Thrive Market
WritingLos Angeles, CA, US, Remote2 months ago
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need.
Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
The Senior Packaging Copywriter owns the messaging development and execution for Thrive Market’s private label product line, creating packaging copy and marketing messaging for web, promotional emails, editorial, and integrated campaign touchpoints.
In this role, you’ll bring thoughtful sourcing stories and ahead-of-the-curve trends to life in limited space, nailing the perfect balance of style and substance. You’ll work closely with the private label team, packaging designers, and content editors, as well as key stakeholders across the lifecycle, brand, and acquisition marketing teams.
The ideal candidate possesses the strategic, brand-first thinking of an agency copywriter coupled with a deep knowledge of CPG best practices. Requirements include an obsession for details and facts; a passion for healthy living; and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high bar for excellence.
- Work with the private label team, packaging designers, and other stakeholders to develop innovative, engaging copy across product packaging, web, email, and other channels
- Collaborate with content and social teams to brainstorm and execute editorial content and thematic storytelling for the blog, video, and organic social channels
- Serve as gatekeeper for the Thrive Market brand voice within the private label ecosystem
- Develop copy that is factually sound and compliant with legal guidelines for consumer packaging
- Work with project manager(s) to support routing process, including approvals across each department, editing, and proofing
- Work efficiently within tight deadlines to manage projects and write concise, content with strong calls-to-action
- 4+ years meaningful experience at an ad agency or in-house creative team with a strong focus on copywriting for CPG brands
- Strong portfolio showing a variety of marketing executions, with an emphasis on packaging
- Mastery of standard English spelling, grammar, and style
- Ability to craft meaningful messaging within tight character counts
- Excellent communication skills and ability to strike a balance between showing initiative and seeking input from others
- Highly collaborative team player
- Detail-obsessed with a high standard for professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Stocked kitchen in our Thrive Market Home Office with Thrive Market products
- Yoga, meditation and other weekly events for mindfulness
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
- Learning & Development Training programs through Udemy
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
- We're a community of more than 1 million members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
- Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
- At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive work place that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
- If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at (424) 291-9534 and we’ll be happy to assist you.
- © Thrive Market 2021 All rights reserved.