The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
New York or Remote Americas
We’re looking for an expert Senior Product Art Director to help innovate our content experience across all audio formats, and help craft the vision for how content is best represented in the product.
You’re passionate about telling compelling stories on any platform, and have a pulse on what’s happening in audio and culture. You have creative sensibility that combines visual design and product design, and know how to build appealing and functional experiences.
You will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships across the organization to drive key initiatives to make an impact on shaping the future of Spotify. Creating interactive and visual design, communicating with colleagues across the globe, mentoring other designers, triangulating opportunities, facilitating workshops, planning, and building prototypes will be part of your day-to-day.
If the opportunity of crafting and scaling creative in digital formats for millions of listeners around the world is exciting to you, this might be your calling.
About the team:
Editorial Design is a globally distributed practice that is passionate about crafting and unifying Spotify’s brand personality across all of our products. We build brands, tools and product experiences for our global audience, spread across 180 markets (and counting). At the center of our remit, we drive the global creative direction of Spotify’s iconic playlists.
We are a horizontal practice, collaborating with product, brand, marketing, content. We represent our content visually and collaborate closely with product teams to help evolve the way our customers experience content on Spotify.
What you'll do
- Design and test new concepts, strategies, and prototypes and bringing on collaborators and partners to as needed
- Deliver on data-driven initiatives with relevant solutions, and can establish systems that help scale these solutions to our audience
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and lead all aspects of launches of various features and formats
- Help unify the Spotify experience by establishing creative guidelines for the product with the team
- Partner with cross-functional teams of designers, art directors, engineers, UX writers, data scientists, and product managers by facilitating cross-functional workshops and group think sessions to understand opportunities and solve for key initiatives.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Foster a strong culture that is inspiring and inclusive towards others across all teams.
Who you are
- You’re an expert designer who has worked as an interactive art director, product designer, content designer, UX designer or similar. Your portfolio demonstrates your experience in shipping beautiful and functional products.
- You’re visually and technically minded, and thrive in creating digital experiences that are engaging.
- You’re a thoughtful designer who can think systematically and implement visually with design and prototyping to bring a vision to life.
- You have experience in navigating complex problems, and driving the process of finding meaningful solutions with multiple collaborators
- An excellent teammate, communicator and facilitator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts, and can gather alignment across cross-functional teams, while considering feedback
- Able to bring clarity and insight to problems that are broad and ambiguous in scope, integrating user, business, and technical constraints into a compelling narrative
- Are experienced in conducting user research and usability testing, and turning the output into data that can drive product design decisions.
- Have an understanding that localization, representation and empathy for different cultures is important for this role.
- You can empower senior leadership and partners around insights and strategies developed. You're able to resolve issues and elevate priorities at the company level.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Learn about life at Spotify
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.