Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
The Senior Product Copywriter will be a member of the Product Marketing team and collaborate directly with the Product and Design teams to deliver product and brand experiences that people love. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining Rhino’s voice across all product touchpoints and maintaining editorial and style guidelines that continually improve that voice as the brand grows.
In addition to collaborating to support the writing of junior writers, you will create customer-facing copy and email campaigns that speak directly to both sides of our B2B2C marketplace from within our products.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the Product Marketing team to bring coherence and consistency to writing efforts across the company.
- Create case studies, growth ads, demo video content, white papers, one-pagers, and lead-generation landing pages.
- Plan, write, and document clear and compelling product copy including notifications, microcopy, error messages, and product tours, as well as supplemental help documentation.
- Lead and advise on the work of junior writers in critiques. Participate in user interviews to strengthen Rhino’s approach to brand voice and user needs.
- Collaborate with the CRM Manager to develop, write, and test copy for product marketing campaigns.
- Clearly articulate the rationale behind the work, from high-level strategy to language choices, with thinking grounded in UX principles.
- Help develop Rhino’s brand voice and establish UX writing principles, guidelines, and best practices for product language and tone.
- Need the willingness to step up and lead projects with dogged persistence to deliver on OKR initiatives.
We’re ideally seeking:
- 2-4 years of experience in content strategy, copywriting, or content marketing
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proven experience working alongside product managers, designers, and product marketers to build compelling product experiences
- A portfolio with samples of product, UX, and email content that showcases an ability to translate ideas into jargon-free, thoughtful, and concise copy
- The ability to lead thinking, explain reasoning, and present findings and recommendations in a clear and articulate manner— in writing and in person
- Familiarity with design considerations and partnership, with a high level of comfort giving/receiving constructive feedback about work in progress
- Knowledge of Figma and the ability to collaborate within it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.