Senior Product Design Lead Medable
ProductCA, US, Remote25 days ago
Medable's mission is to get effective therapies to patients faster. We provide an end-to-end, cloud-based platform with a flexible suite of tools that allows patients, healthcare providers, clinical research organizations and pharmaceutical sponsors to work together as a team in clinical trials.
Our solutions enable more efficient clinical research, more effective healthcare delivery, and more accurate precision and predictive medicine. Our target audiences are patients, providers, principal investigators, and innovators who work in healthcare and life sciences.
Our vision is to accelerate the path to human discovery and medical cures. We are passionate about driving innovation and empowering consumers. We are proactive, collaborative, self-motivated learners, committed, bold and tenacious. We are dedicated to making this world a healthier place.
- Own and evolve the design philosophy, process, and system
- Ensure world class product user quality
- Manage scope, direction and delivery of user flows, information architecture, UX copy, interaction design, prototyping, visual design, and animation
- Partner closely and effectively with leadership across our product, research, engineering, and marketing teams
- Drive cross-functionally to build the very best product/user experiences
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and data science to ensure a smooth and reliable product development process and projects that are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Find a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed and quality, against doing risky but interesting work
- Measure the success of designers and researchers and socialize their impact in the organization
- Champion, grow, mentor, manage and lead the product design team to raise the bar of critical thinking and execution across all our digital products
- Provide effective design direction, mentor and facilitate product development process that raises our product execution, product quality while scaling a team
- Lead a talented team of product designers to establish a best-in-class design practice that incorporates the development of best practices, standards to develop workflows that accelerate the ideation process, and promote a positive, inclusive environment
- Oversees a Design strategy that includes conducting high-quality research that puts the patient at the heart of the decision-making process
- Explore research questions that help us design a better patient experience. From paradigm shifts to micro-interactions, we’re looking for someone that can empathize deeply with the patient experience
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of experience in Product Design or a combination of education and experience in this field
- 10+ years of industry experience leading and managing (mobile/web/social) Product Design teams
- BA/BS in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, or Engineering-related discipline. Masters level education preferred.
- Experience with Design Thinking, Lean Startup and Agile development methods
- A portfolio that displays a strong understanding of user-centered, thoughtful product design
- A successful record of designing and shipping mobile and web products
- Ability to iterate in a fast-paced innovation environment
- A track record of attracting and recruiting multi-disciplinary teams; has built teams at design-driven companies before
- Hands-on design with demonstrated comfort playing a supporting/guiding role for your team, but there will also be times when you need to roll up your sleeves and design things yourself.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.