Who we are
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Senior Designer - Consumer CreditJob Description:
As a member of the User Experience Design team at PayPal, you will create meaningful and cohesive end-to-end experiences through a deep understanding of our customers and exceptional design execution. You will collaborate with product and technology teams to build the next generation of financial service products by bringing the customer to the forefront in everything we do. The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and visual design skills. This individual should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of our customers and our business and how to solve for them through design.
- Partners with design, engineering, design systems and product management team members in the execution and delivery of PayPal’s products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process.
- Contributes to the planning and estimating work and participates in broader work stream coordination and expectation setting.
- Creates high-quality deliverables and executes based on product design goals and priorities without prescriptive guidance or direction, managing their work to a more extensive schedule.
- Leverages and extends the use of established product design techniques, templates, presentations and assets in the creation of product design analysis, solutions and materials.
- Contributes to the adaptation of PayPal product design tools, methodology and software, and proposes new solutions or optimizes existing ones.
- Creates opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline dynamics. Drives product design team delivery excellence, furthering influence to achieve product design goals.
- May lead one or more individuals in experience and design initiatives. Informally mentors junior product design practitioners in best practices, process and methodology.
- 5+ years experience.
- Bachelors or Master Degree in the study of design including one of the following; Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Thorough understanding of product design methodology and lifecycle across significant channels and platforms.
- Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights.
- Effectively operates within an iterative design team, managing product design responsibilities against defined milestones and plan with little day-to-day oversight.
- Thorough knowledge of essential channels and platforms, with experience in mobile, dedicated, web and native solution design.
- Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories, and internal communication tools.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.