HOW DO WE DESIGN?
Design at HubSpot is both grounded in experience design fundamentals and a deep belief that small autonomous teams are the best way to get excellent work in customer's hands.
- We value solving for the customer above all else
- We give each designer the responsibility and ownership to chart the course for their designs throughout the product and across teams. We don't do sign-offs and burdensome documentation.
- We respect user research and content and work cooperatively with them while designing
- We carefully lead and maintain a high-functioning, usability-centered design system and design language with our front-end teammates.
- We're embedded on small teams with engineers and product managers in sane sustainable ratios
- Learn more about our Design Philosophy: Design System Article
Senior Product Designer
Our Designers are embedded on Product teams. Your goal will be to create simple and powerful experiences that enable our customers to be more successful. This is an important role and has serious, measurable business impact. We’re looking for UX designers excited to gain more autonomy in their work.
Getting Started as a developer on the HubSpot platform is a critical experience. Our team is looking to get developers oriented to the platform, and access to the tools and features that will make them successful. We’ve found that the first few hours of a developer’s time with HubSpot are absolutely critical. This team will be focused on making that first experience a good one.
- Partner closely with product management and engineering leads to establish objectives, and key results for their Group(s)
- Own responsibility for balancing speed, quality and consistency of design
- Deep understanding of good user experience, IA, interaction and visual design
- Deliver wireframes, system mapping, and polished visual UI designs
- Break complex concepts into smaller, more manageable components
- Provides thoughtful feedback to team design critiques
- Build lasting relationships across the organization, including cross-product design teams, engineering, product management, and the broader business
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced tech environment
Top candidates will have
- Ability to articulate design decisions and ask tough questions to help surface and challenge assumptions. The word “why” comes out of your mouth at least once in every conversation.
- Open communication style that makes it easy to give and receive feedback with the goal of becoming better at what you do and helping the people around you become more successful
- Strong content design and information architecture skills
- Experience working closely and collaboratively with developers and product managers in a fast-paced environment. Teamwork is central to how you get work done and you know how to build strong working relationships.
- Technical writing or documentation experience is a huge plus.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.