Are you looking for an opportunity to craft the future of cloud and networking security? Are you passionate about understanding the needs of people and organizations? We build products that help people connect to the Internet safely, from everywhere and from any device while meeting the security needs of people across organization. We're looking for a senior product designer to join our organization!
What You’ll Do:
As a User Experience Designer, you will be part of our Cloud & Network Security Design team. We work closely with software developers and product managers. In addition, we run cross-team activities, workshops, trainings, and events with our design peers.
You will be working closely with other UX designers, product managers and engineers in the process of building the right experiences. In our multidisciplinary team, you are the ambassador for the millions of our users across the world. Your job is to identify user needs and maintain a user-centric perspective throughout the development process.
Specifically, you will:
- Design features and interactions for the Cloud Security group of products
- Conduct customer and user research activities
- Produce low and high-fidelity design artifacts
- Drive alignment and consistency across our products
- Adopt and help evolve our design system as part of your design process
- Work cross-functionally to be the voice of the design team, facilitate design discussions and help shape product strategy
- Advocate for the prioritization of user-centered changes, refinements, and improvements across our products
Who You Are:
You are a collaborative problem solver who is energized by a good challenge. You are empathetic and self-aware, with a history of building successful working relationships. You also have an outstanding portfolio that shows off your UX achievements and you are comfortable discussing the business challenges, constraints, and decisions you faced while creating those artifacts.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Typically, 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor on a UX/Product Design team
- Ability to guide complex features from initial concept to production and post-launch evaluation
- Current knowledge of web technologies, tools, and industry trends
- Working knowledge of common design tools (such as Sketch, Invision, and/or Figma)
- Strong story-telling skills with the ability to clearly articulate design concepts visually and verbally
- Solid visual design skills
- Please include a link to your portfolio when you apply.
BONUS: Enterprise design experience, front-end development experience and/or Facilitation Skills
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.)
We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required.
The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.