Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
This role reports to a Product Design Manager as a member of the Design team, the instrumental creative partner in most projects at Duolingo—from our mobile apps and website to the brand voice and email newsletters, and even community events. At Duolingo, we take pride in and agonize over crafting a user-friendly (and fun) experience for everyone.
Will you join us on our mission?
- Work on the user experience across multiple Duolingo products, on mobile and web
- Work collaboratively with other designers to develop and expand product design patterns
- Help engineers and product managers define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical features
- Work in a highly energetic fashion with the design and product teams
- Consider all parts when crafting the experience—from copy to animation to business impact
- An online portfolio with mobile app or web design samples
- Design experience in a consumer application, product, or software role
- A desire to strive for excellence in your work until all details are attended to
- The ability to explain your work, process, and decisions and seek feedback to help you produce your best work
Outstanding candidates will have...
- Proven experience working at a high-paced tech start-up
- Experience with illustration or animation (or both)
- Experience participating in or leading user research sessions