Who is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
- Design, deliver, and ship user-friendly, high-quality, product designs from discovery to launch
- Design flows and interactions that are intuitively simple
- Build prototypes to communicate design ideas to users and internal stakeholders
- Run user testing sessions on prototypes to help evaluate and validate your hypothesis
- Evolve and maintain our design system
- Collaborate with product, data and engineering to ensure design intent is realized across apps, web, and more
- Discover, stay abreast, and recommend effective design tools for collaborative work
- 5+ years of UI/UX product design experience creating mobile apps and web products at either a progressive, fast-growing, consumer tech start-up or at a well-established organization
- Outstanding portfolio that showcases creative and systematic design thinking and execution.
- Experience working on both consumer experience and tools is desired
- Experience doing in-person user research and knowing how to apply the findings in your design thinking effectively
- Experience working with engineers and delivering your work in a clear way
- Confident in bringing multiple stakeholders to the table to understand and solve problems
- Ability to manage ambiguity, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and drive projects
- Exceptional communication and people skills
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability.
- Humble, self-starting, team player who is willing to fail and learn
- High level competence in industry tools such as Figma, Sketch, Jira, prototyping tools such as Principle, InVision, etc.
- Familiarity with back-end and front-end development technologies
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.