Twitter is looking for passionate Senior Product Designers to join the design team working on the Twitter Developer Platform. This is a rare opportunity to drive impact at scale and work on an exciting green-field project. You will join a team exploring innovative new approaches for empowering businesses and individuals outside of Twitter to impact, influence & elevate the core Twitter experience
The Twitter API has been used by millions of developers to build integrations with Twitter, from “hello world” apps in classroom settings to the most-used consumer and business products in the world. We help businesses, academics and hobbyists to #understand what is happening in the public conversation, #engage with people on Twitter, #learn how to code, #play by creating unique Twitter interactions and #enhance the core Twitter experience itself. As a result, we believe the Twitter API plays an essential role in Twitter's future and great design plays an essential role in the ability of developers to succeed and innovate with the Twitter API.
The Twitter Developer Platform team is highly collaborative, driven and friendly. Design, product, engineering, marketing and developer relations teams partner closely to execute on projects and envision future roadmaps. We have a direct impact on product strategy, roadmaps, and the detailed design of new experiences. We believe in building strong relationships, surpassing expectations, and having fun along the way.
As part of the Design and Research organization at Twitter, we do our work with a set of 8 principles in mind. It’s our mission to uphold these principles and have them reflected in the experiences we design and build:
- Stand for people: From helping people stay informed to engaging in the public conversation to growing their businesses, always advocate for what is best for the people we serve.
- Live in culture: Be immersed in and inspired by culture and counterculture.
- Set standards & break records: Strive for greatness. Don’t shortchange, shortcut, or settle.
- Work out loud: Share your work and your POV. Create generously. Be transparent.
- Real talk: Give direct, honest, timely feedback that meets people where they are—and helps them along their professional journey.
- Always be learning: Run toward what you don't know.
- Own it: Be responsible for your work, and accountable for the impact it has on other teams and those we serve. Bias toward action. Be decisive. Optimize to fail quickly, and iterate.
- Soar: Bias toward action. Be decisive. Optimize to fail quickly, and iterate
If this sounds like a fit for you, you probably have:
- 5+ years experience designing and building products for mobile & desktop experiences in a fast-paced and dynamic cross-functional environment (B2B & B2C).
- Expert in product design, user interface, interaction, visual and motion design, storytelling, and prototyping across web and mobile web platforms.
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems and componentization
- Demonstrate ability to tackle complex problems and be able to identify and mitigate risks.
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills with a strong ability to influence cross-functionally at all levels..
- Experience being a design lead who leads large projects and direct/mentor other designers.
- Passion for identifying and solving customer problems.
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Skilled with Figma (or Sketch) and prototyping tools such as Framer, Principle.
- Comfortable presenting and working with senior executives
- Embraces and encourages diverse perspectives to inspire product thinking.
- Business acumen.
Great but not required:
- Experience building tools for developers.
- A passion for and interest in data and data visualization.