The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
London or Remote EMEA
Freemium design is here to take Spotify to the people, by making it better and more relevant, around the world. We do this by making the customer journeys magical, or coming up with new value that fits into people's lives.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Freemium design team. In this key role, you might work on unlocking commerce at Spotify, enabling teams to quickly and safely build businesses and create user value; crafting a visionary customer support experience; identifying, validating and building new value propositions to improve our Free and Premium products, or helping remove access barriers and making Spotify relevant for audiences in emerging markets!
What You'll Do
- Conceptualise, craft and iterate on experiences for new product offerings across the Spotify ecosystem
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
- Work with your peers in product, engineering and product insights to turn user insights and business needs into products that drive balanced business value through a process of rapid exploration, product definition, and product validation
Who You Are
- 6+ years experience delivering great design as an end-to-end Product Designer
- You care about communication and can employ storytelling to paint a picture, build understanding and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- A conceptual and human-centered problem solver. You seek to understand people’s needs, motivations and behaviours – in order to translate them into impactful results.
- You love thinking big, and at the same time, you know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- You have an appetite for learning and evolving in all things. From design craft to process to industry and market trends — you never stop pushing into the next big challenge and fit right into our growth-focused culture.
- Nice to have, but not essential
- Experience in Motion Design
- Extensive prototyping skills
- Please provide a brief explanation in your application of why you believe you're a fit for this role, while highlighting your portfolio.
- Please ensure you provide any necessary passwords. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
Our global benefits
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
Please provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role while highlighting your portfolio ensuring you provide any necessary passwords. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.