We started Geneva to help people stay connected to the groups they love and help them make new friends through the groups they have yet to find. We know that being a part of groups is vital to our happiness and well-being, but the tools and platforms most of us use today aren’t designed to help us build and participate in the groups that matter to us.
That's why we’re building Geneva — a new communication app that gives groups, clubs, and communities everything they need to come together online, all in one place.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us create world-class experiences for our customers. We pride ourselves in bringing creative solutions into existence in the community space and creating meaningful connections on the internet.
Our product designers take a product, feature, or experience from ideation to production. This includes vision setting, designing solutions, prototyping, bringing along cross-functional teams, guiding implementation, and collaborating with the larger team.
What you'll do
- Own design projects from concept through launch. You'll set the vision for user experience, explore complex problem spaces, generate and validate solutions, and evolve the experience to be most impactful.
- Be the voice of our users. You'll understand our users' behaviors through quantitative and qualitative data and develop hypotheses and design experiments to guide us to the best solutions.
- Work closely with product and engineering to find elegant and delightful solutions to design challenges.
- Produce high quality designs and experiences; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Contribute your design thinking skills to other areas of the platform (education, marketing, customer success, etc.)
- Own design patterns & system for for web and desktop applications.
- You have a high standard of creativity, craft, and quality. You understand what it takes to ship high quality, consumer-facing experiences at a high velocity.
- You have experience building and maintaining design systems that help you and the team keep organized and efficient.
- You can create high-fidelity animations in Principle or similar tools to push your designs over the edge and create delightful experiences.
- You can use your technical understanding to evaluate design solutions and facilitate guidance to engineering teams.
- You're a great communicator. You're able to organize and communicate your thoughts to teammates and across the organization.
- You are able to manage a project autonomously.
- 4+ years experience as a Product Designer in a fast-paced tech, agency, or media company.
- Experience with the latest design tools, including Figma and Sketch.
- Experience working on consumer products is preferred.