Senior Product Designer Indiegogo
ProductSan Francisco, CA, US, Remote2 months ago
In a world where ecommerce is increasingly uniform and conversion-optimized, Indiegogo delivers to consumers a product experience that is uniquely human. We’re a two-sided marketplace that unites backers and entrepreneurs in the pursuit of hardware innovations in technology and design. For researchers in particular, our business — and our way of running it — offers some special opportunities:
Evaluate solutions that go deeper - Relative to typical ecommerce, Indiegogo has a much deeper relationship with its customers. Because of this relationship, you’ll have a unique opportunity to design and evaluate systems that impact lives and behaviors more foundationally. Your efforts will help grow and reinforce an active community of tech and hardware enthusiasts.
Join a product team that ships confidently - Traditional companies are often stable but slow (hello, meetings), and early-stage startups are typically fast but chaotic (hello, stress). Us? We’re at the sweet spot in the middle. You will have the chance to move quickly, to own complete problems/opportunities, and to help guide the course of an entire product experience — all within a company that knows how to ship product and celebrates design as craft.
Enjoy a culture of empowerment and fun - With an office in downtown San Francisco and a team that prioritizes professional growth, positive collaboration, and personal wellbeing, Indiegogo is a place to take your design career to the next level. This is your chance to ship bold new ideas with the support of a team that relishes in your victories and personal growth.
Indiegogo is the place to discover clever and unique innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream. With thousands of projects launching every week, there’s ingenious tech, creative design, and much more around every corner. Our customers are passionate about funding passionate people — and so are we. We are a group of committed, results-driven team players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” our everyday jobs. When people unite around a common goal, anything is possible.
- Design thoughtful, user-centric solutions that improve the Indiegogo experience
- Collaborate daily with other designers, PMs, engineers, marketers, and customer support teams
- Own the design process of new features from ideation to release
- Be active in shaping the strategy that guides both your work and the work of the broader team
- Communicate your design solutions with the usual arsenal of design software packages and prototyping tools (Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Pair with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- Identify new practices, tools, processes, etc. to improve our design standards
- Mentor other designers as they grow in their career and craft
- Take a leading role in shaping the future of design at Indiegogo
- Impressive skills in both interaction and visual design
- 7+ years of professional experience designing friendly, responsive products
- Experience mentoring other designers and improving design team cultures
- An intensely constructive spirit and a desire to use design thinking to unlock insights with collaborators across the company
- Portfolio examples that underscore end-to-end thinking and a commitment to craft
- Competitive salaries with equity
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental for you and yours
- A dog friendly office
- Regular fun events
- A supportive, open environment that embraces and cultivates empowerment, fearlessness, authenticity, and collaboration
This role is open to remote U.S residents. We are currently accepting applications from all parts of the US however International applicants are not currently accepted for the HQ team. Please note that all qualified candidates should have U.S sponsorship or residency to work in the U.S.
Indiegogo is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO
Indiegogo is committed to respecting your privacy as a job applicant. Please visit our Job Applicant Privacy Statement in our Privacy Portal for more information on your privacy rights and how Indiegogo processes your personal information.