Senior Product Designer Investor Services Carta
ProductUS, Remotea month ago
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
You’ll be a key member on the Investor Services Product Design team, helping to re-invent the venture capital ecosystem. We are a team of designers and technologists that obsess over our customers' experience, and leverage design thinking to help set the direction of our products and the company. You will be working with a diverse team of product managers, and engineers and interfacing directly with our internal, and external customers to drive innovation in the world of private market investing. We are a humble, collaborative team that is passionate about solving difficult problems by helping users navigate through complexity.
The Problems You’ll Solve
At Carta our mission is to create more owners. The Investor Services team is directly contributing to that goal by creating new investors, to grow the companies of the future. We are working on the technology and service offerings to expand the venture ecosystem to new fund managers and help these emerging managers build the enduring venture franchises of the future.
We love to solve complex problems and build software to scale the service-based businesses into software business. Our mission is to reshape the offline world of venture fund accounting into a software-enabled and self-service North Star experience.
- Convert complex, multi-user, transactional offline processes into delightful self-service products
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Data to uncover customer insights and influence strategy to help define and execute the roadmap
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and testing for your features
- Participate in weekly design workshops and act as a mentor for junior designers
- Design to consistently scale and leverage shareable components for web and mobile applications
We are looking for a strong designer to envision the future of private market investing. Someone who can drive strategy, ideation, prioritization, problem solving, and product delivery. If you are passionate about building intuitive solutions to complex problems that drive direct value to users, we would love to talk with you. In addition, we’re prioritizing:
- Experience leading product design of complex problems for desktop or mobile
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
- Deep understanding of how to design and prototype at the appropriate degrees of fidelity to solicit clear customer feedback
- Experience designing for measurable outcomes including the ability to participate in both generative and evaluative user research
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.