Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you love complex problems, helping teams collaborate at scale, and empowering business transformation? We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Jira Align team!
Our team creates solutions to help large organizations work with the same agility that smaller teams thrive on. We help customers going through large scale digital transformations, as well as companies that started small and nimble, and are now struggling to keep that agility as they grow. We're responsible for the products and practices that empower customers to work across org chart boundaries, collaborate on plans for big picture initiatives, and stay aligned on goals and objectives.
As a Senior Product Designer in Jira Align, your mission will be to deliver high quality end-to-end experiences our enterprise customers love. In this role, you'll focus on driving strategic initiatives and solutions for our enterprise agility customers.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- 6+ years of professional UX/product design experience, ideally designing complex or enterprise-level software.
- Excitement for and experience in leveraging every aspect of the user-centered design process to tackle complex problems.
- Strong facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work across multiple teams, solicit and synthesize feedback, organize and facilitate design discussions.
- Flexibility and openness to the iterative design process – constantly sketching, showing work in progress, validating with customers and data, iterating, shipping, learning, and growing.
- Experience with conducting and applying customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modeling.
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback.
- Anticipate design problems and decisions and recommends alternatives.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong visual and interaction design.
As a product designer at Atlassian you'll:
- Make a substantial impact at scale. We have more than 10M users all around the world—and teams (massive and small) depend on our software to do their work. As a designer involved in everything from ground floor; product strategy to UI implementation, your work will have incredible customer impact.
- Tackle interesting, complex problems. Working closely with your engineering and product partners, you'll have a large amount of ownership and autonomy across the entire design process; rather than just design individual features, you'll have the opportunity to define the end-to-end experience of an exciting and critical area of our business.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with some of the smartest (and nicest) people in the industry. Day-to-day you'll work on a fast-moving, multidisciplinary product team, collaborating closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Content Designers, Researchers, Marketing Experts, and Analysts to champion the user experience in our products and ship high quality work.
- Be a true champion for our users. We take design seriously, and in line with one of our core values, ("Don't F the Customer") are on a mission to become an experience-led company. We want to make our customers love how easily our products help them.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.