Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $135M to date, is based in Oakland, California and Dallas,Texas with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We've built an amazing culture where everyone has a voice. We're nice. We get things done. We have fun. We believe in work-life balance (yes, you can really take a vacation). And our values are pretty B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don't be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what's next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
We are looking for a very creative and intuitive Senior Product Designer who can help us continuously refine, unify and uplift our Roofstock’s user experience. As our ideal candidate, you have experience leading initiatives on designing new products from end-to-end experience, as well as enhancing/re-designing existing experiences leveraging the product design principles. At your core, you are a collaborator who enjoys working cross-functionally in order to get the job done. You are excited about changing the status quo and passionate about making things better. Most of all, you are excited about being part of something great by innovating a traditional real estate industry.
What you will do:
- Lead product design projects and set the vision for the end-to-end experience across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Work with cross-functional teams including product, research, engineering, and business stakeholders to design delightful as well as practical solutions to complex design challenges
- Guide product initiatives from conception to conclusion, leveraging product ideation, user research, flowcharts, prototypes, wireframes, usability testing, visual design, etc.
- Contribute ideas to the near and long-term vision for to scale our product lines
- Develop UX strategies in collaboration with product managers and design peers
- Leverage research data, design principles, or other objective information to support design decisions
- Advocate for users and best design practice across the entire company
- Collaborate with designers to maintain and evolve Roofstock’s brand and design system
- Mentor mid-level and junior designers on design principles and processes
What you bring with you:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer or UI/UX Designer working with product team and tech leads
- An excellent portfolio that shows the entire product design process from ideation/iteration to final delivery in a range of cross-platform work
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in HCI, Human Centered Design, Information Sciences, Interaction Design, Computer Science, Psychology
- Superior ability to produce useful, clean and delightful designs with understanding of product scalability and usability
- Demonstrated strength in formulating and articulating UX strategies
- Expertise in Figma, Sketch, InVision or other design & prototyping tools
- Real estate, fintech or prop-tech experience a plus
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
As a remote team we are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.