Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
New York or Remote Americas
We’re looking for an expert designer to shape the future of products that help artists grow their audience. As a master of your craft, you will create world-class UX storytelling and product strategies rooted firmly in user insights that paint an exciting vision and inspire the broader organization. You will deliver on that vision across a number of teams through effective planning, interaction design, visual design, and prototypes. You’ll design systems and services, as well as UI.
As lead designer for the organization responsible for audience development products in Spotify for Artists, you will build customer-facing products that provide artists and their teams with the tools and insights they need to reach new listeners and engage their current fans. In this role, you’ll work with senior members of engineering management, technical staff, product management, research, business analysts, and data science to build new features in Spotify for Artists and the Spotify consumer app that have a significant impact on Spotify’s business.
What you'll do:
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Set the vision for the user experience and build the space for others to collaborate.
- Ensure customer-centricity and usability of highly-complex and technical products.
- Work across multiple multi-disciplinary teams that make up an R&D organization and partner closely with engineering, product, and business counterparts.
- Provide design thinking and leadership to develop the right product strategy for the organization and produce UX storytelling to communicate that strategy broadly.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, and know-how and when to build and combine flows, user stories, sketches, wireframes, and deliver pixel-perfect specs.
Who you are:
- You are an incredible designer with outstanding design chops. You’ve shipped many products over the years that have served customers at scale.
- You’re a great communicator. You can build and create frameworks, facilitate product teams during product discovery with structured workshops, and brainstorm initial design concepts. You can effectively mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life.
- You ideally have experience designing for business users of digital marketing and analytics products
- You ideally have worked with product teams in highly-technical domains involving lots of data
- You are a hardworking systems thinker and problem solver who can connect the dots between various user groups and industry workflows and turn them into simple and impactful design solutions and flows.
- You’re a confident prototyper who can bring design mocks to life.
- You’re constantly sketching concepts, tweaking flows, or refining designs that represent the big-thinking work.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to refine your designs through user feedback, whether through hands-on user research, or designing options for A/B tests.
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us.
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be anywhere within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
Learn about life at Spotify
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.