Senior Product Designer Nextiva
ProductScottsdale, AZ, US, Remote2 months ago
At Nextiva, we create connected communication tools that help businesses stay in touch with their customers and teams. Over 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for phone service and customer management tools. We’re not your parent’s phone company.
Founded in 2008, Nextiva took on the trillion-dollar telecom industry and succeeded in changing the game by making technology more accessible and affordable for everyone. Companies solve their toughest challenges using our VoIP innovations and signature Amazing Service®.
Today, Nextiva is the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications. We don’t study industry trends; we create them. Business leaders look to Nextiva to equip their teams in the office and while working from home. Nextiva is not just a tech company — we’re the backbone of the economy.
By joining our global team, you’re saying yes to an opportunity to be part of a tech company with massive growth potential and exciting opportunities ahead.
We’re actively looking for amazing people like you to join our team!
Nextiva is seeking an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our growing team.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will work closely with designers, engineers, product managers, and customers to oversee initiatives and turn strategies, user needs, and product goals into elegant and enjoyable experiences. You will report to the Director of Product Design and work across all facets and phases of the design process, from discovery to deployment in a collaborative, feedback-rich environment.
The ideal candidate is self-directed, humble, not afraid to ask questions, a team player, and is motivated to continually work towards the best possible design solutions. S/he is an expert in visual communication, modern design trends (namely in the tech industry), and can translate feedback from stakeholders into actionable objectives for design efforts. Our ideal Senior Product Designer lives and breathes functional design perfectly blended with curiosity and artistry to bring to life truly innovative designs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing our Nextiva design system usage. Ability to work within an existing design system and provide oversight as new components and assets are created
- As one of the foundational members of the design team, you'll be mentoring others as the team grows and guiding cross-functional peers to grow as a design partner
- Partnering with Product, Engineering to support a broader product strategy
- Leading other members of a Product Design team. Organizing and overseeing the progress of design as it relates to objectives and initiatives
- Rapidly create deliverables (journey map, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.) and execute high fidelity design
- Work closely with product marketing. Work with marketing to uphold marketing branding standards
- Encourage and uphold high standards for our product experiences
- Provide and solicit feedback from other designers to continuously improve product quality and consistency
- Understand and respond to data (metric tests, usability studies) to inform design decisions and recommendations
- Design for multiple variations of an asset when necessary for delivery
- Be able to fully explain creative choices made to arrive at submitted work, both verbally and in written form
- Stay informed on the latest UI/UX techniques, tools, and patterns and integrate best practices into design projects
- Participate and drive usability studies, utilizing tools such as UserTesting.Com and Pendo
- Share findings with our team and explain how that will affect your design decisions
- Deliver projects on time, and are able to prioritize high impact design input
- Bachelor's in Design or related or equivalent practical experience within the design field
- 6+ years of experience in product design, ideally across multiple product platforms
- 6+ years of interaction design experience
- Experience working with and maintaining design systems
- Experience analyzing user feedback in both qualitative quantitative formats: user research, a/b tests and other data driven methodologies
- Believes in simplicity as a key product design principle. If you can show how you simplified a complex feature or product – even better.
- Ability to deliver designs quickly, reacting to tactical high impacting changes and switch quickly to being more strategic, project design planning
- Strong portfolio, showcasing your foundation in information architecture, ideation, interaction design, visual design, designing for accessibility, and producing high-impact business results
- Meticulous attention to detail in the design and execution of consistent, compelling work
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Previous experience designing for a technology company
Bonus Points For:
- Mobile design experience
- UX experience, certifications, or advanced degree
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Understanding of an A/B testing process and adjusting design based on results
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other digital delivery platforms
- Figma and/or Adobe XD (required)
- UserTesting.Com (not required)
- Miro (not required)
- Pendo (not Required)
- Microsoft/Google products (required)
So, why Nextiva?
Nextiva is a trailblazer in the Voice over IP (VoIP) and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) industries. We’re outpacing our competitors, and it’s an exciting time to join our team. If you’re looking to join a fast-paced tech company with massive potential, Nextiva is the place for you.
Our 1,000+ team members worldwide embrace our promise of Amazing Service. We’re passionate about upholding our energetic culture of forward-thinking, caring, and simplicity. Nextiva seeks diverse individuals who share our values and vision to help take us to the next level.
Nextiva provides an impressive benefits package and has a resilient company culture. Glassdoor named us one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 nationwide. Employees rate Nextiva a 4.9/5 on Comparably, and we’ve earned many more accolades along the way.
Help us redefine the future of business communications. Apply today!
Nextiva is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.