The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
We’re looking for an experienced product designer to join Spotify’s Personalization team. Our goal is to build the best listening experiences that connect fans and creators in a personal and relevant way. In this role, you’ll be helping create personalized, interactive audio sessions that mix together relevant podcasts and music recommendations. We design in both decibels and pixels to make audio a bigger part of people’s lives. This team is at the center of evolving Spotify into a next-generation streaming service inclusive of all types of audio.
This team is responsible for some of Spotify’s most beloved and innovative products like Daily Mix, Discover Weekly, and now The Get Up: Spotify’s new morning show. We’re looking for ambitious, curious, motivated, and kind people to join this team!
What you'll do
- Be responsible for the design of Spotify’s personalized audio sessions.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams made up of product managers, engineers, data scientists, user researchers, and product marketers.
- Design from mild to wild, taking into account existing insights, technical services, business goals, and user needs.
- You’ll take full ownership of your work and responsibility for every detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity prototyping.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years of experience designing at tech or media companies.
- You have designed with content as the experience.
- You are comfortable working closely with content creators and/or editorial teams.
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. Also instrumental is the ability to speak confidently to your own design work.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and build products/features that truly have meaningful impact.
- You have an online portfolio that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.