Senior Product Designer Petal
ProductNY, US, Remote2 months ago
The Petal mission
Petal’s mission is to bring financial opportunity and innovation to everyone.
We're pioneering a new approach to credit, by analyzing an applicant’s banking history, in addition to credit history, to determine their creditworthiness. We call this technology a Cash Score — and it takes into account income, spending, and savings. It’s currently helping thousands of people qualify for credit at better rates, even if they’ve never had it before.
We bring the same ingenuity to our credit card products. Our simple and intuitive app gives members access to credit score tracking, budgeting tools, subscription management, and automated payment options—everything they need to make financial progress.
Now more than ever, Americans need help improving their credit safely, responsibly, and affordably. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, apply now, and let’s change this trillion-dollar industry together.
At Petal, we're looking for people with kindness, positivity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Petal, we welcome diverse perspectives from people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
The Senior Product Designer Role:
As a Product Designer at Petal, you will work in a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Software Engineers, Analysts, Operations, and Marketing to research, create, improve and uphold the quality of our product experiences in order to achieve our mission of creating simple, honest, and accessible credit.
- Participate in the end-to-end cycle of new projects of every scale. This means supporting user research, framing problems, communicating user stories, running collaborative ideation sessions, designing, prototyping and testing multiple solutions, monitoring implementation, and iterating on results.
- Help nurture a culture of customer understanding, where we are curious to hear from our customers, and learn how to simplify and set them up for success with our products.
- Work with product managers to define the problem, alternative solutions, and their requirements, not just translate briefs into screens.
- Infuse the digital experience with the brand guidelines, delightful moments, motion, and illustration assets.
- Produce both long-term, inspirational prototypes and more immediate quick fixes and production deliverables.
- Be an early stakeholder in defining our design and product team's culture, rituals and activities, acting as a key supporter to the well-being and impact of the design org as a whole.
Characteristics of a successful candidate:
- Experience designing and prototype in different fidelity levels, from abstract flow diagrams to production-ready screens in multiple platforms.
- Ability and curiosity to use research as a base for your work, including reviewing customer feedback, setting up and conducting interviews, administering surveys, and investigating our ample data resources.
- Ability to communicate designs in terms of the problem, solution, and results achieved.
- Ability to think of the user experience as a journey across touchpoints and channels, not only screens.
- Work with transparency by sharing work early, involving the right stakeholders at the appropriate times, and being receptive to design critiques and feedback.
- Facilitating brainstorms and other design workshops.
- Desire and ability to learn. We know you're unlikely to arrive as an expert in all the tools and experience above, so you should be self-determined and have a strong desire to grow.
For our California employment information privacy statement, please click here.