About the Team
Our Design teams are focused not just on the functional, but also on joy and delight. We design for users around the globe, of all backgrounds and abilities. Our work ignites opportunity and changes the way the world moves.
The Product Lifecycle Tools team is part of the Base studio which builds the technologies that enable Uber and our partners to understand, plan, execute and build the business at scale.
About the Role
As a Sr. Product Designer on the Product Lifecycle Tools you will be working on the highest impact internal tools and services that power our user experiences. Our team's work is critical as it allows us to develop and deploy the right experiences to our users. You'll tackle interaction and service design challenges - developing big new ideas and elevating existing solutions - for areas like machine learning, experimentation, localization, business monitoring and more.
You will collaborate directly with engineers and product managers, working alongside Design Studio's world-class team of designers, researchers, writers, and design engineers in a fast-evolving and rapidly growing environment.
This role calls for system thinking, insightful innovation, great execution and obsession with quality. Motivation to take projects to the finish line, and optimism to be inspired by the unknown and never settle, solving problems with creativity, craft and the user in mind.
What You'll Do
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping, and beyond.
- Design artifacts that provide the right level of detail at each stage of the product development process -- from presentations that communicate design strategy to high-fidelity designs for engineers.
- Collaborate with product managers to define requirements, be an active partner in crafting the roadmap and actively engage with key stakeholders to drive decisions forward.
- Identify future opportunities, working as a thought partner to the product, engineering, ops, and other design teams. Help raises the bar on the Uber experience.
- Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers, find opportunities and translate insights into product requirements and substantial action.
- Ship, measure and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- Utilize Uber's design system while evolving the framework to tackle new use cases.
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Portfolio demonstrating high quality, thoughtful UX and UI work
- Experience designing tools, enterprise solutions (SaaS, B2B, management platforms), or building web applications.
- Proficiency with the latest design tools and a strong desire to learn new ones. Figma expertise encouraged.
- Effective prototyping skills
- Strong understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- A track record of shipping phenomenal design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.