Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for an experienced designer to be the design owner and strategic partner with the technology and product teams on our search experience. We want to help users find whatever audio content they are looking for (music, podcasts, etc.), however, they may think about the world (by artist, by guest, by mood, etc.). We’re looking for someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on user insights, has the mastery of their craft to turn these insights into well-designed products, has a keen interest in designing machine learning-powered experiences, and can inspire the organization by prototyping what is possible before it is built. Above all, your work will impact the way the world discovers and experiences audio.
What you’ll do
- Work on design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
Who you are
- You have 7+ years of related experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies; experience designing for search is a huge plus.
- You're an incredible designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create fantastic, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows, or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You're a phenomenal communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life.
- You're a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us and are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role.
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
We're looking for product designers to join us at multiple levels. We will have an open discussion throughout the interview process about assessing which level you fall within at Spotify.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.