Senior Product Designer States Title
ProductSan Francisco, CA, US, Remote2 months ago
The team is primarily based in San Francisco, CA. However, we will consider any candidate in the United States, and due to Covid-19, it will be remote until further notice.
Please include URL for an online portfolio in addition to your resume.
Everyone who is approved for a mortgage needs to pay someone close it. That's why title and escrow is a $25 billion industry. At States Title, we're transforming the real estate industry by applying machine intelligence to age-old processes and procedures. In less than four years, we've grown from just an idea to the #8 provider in the country.
Now, backed by multiple patents, our streamlined, efficient algorithms are poised to revolutionize the title and escrow process. We will repurpose the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership more accessible and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
- Ideally, you can:
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Use a variety of methods including creation of wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, UI specifications, and models to communicate design thinking to senior leadership, engineering, and product partners at every phase of product development
- Present concepts, help facilitate ideation sessions, and run workshops with internal teams.
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers and product managers quickly and efficiently
- Collaborate easily with many other players and stakeholders
- Work with the user researchers to gather feedback throughout the design process in order to iterate on and improve experiences
- Contribute to and utilize user personas through research and data
- Define interaction models for a new application and evaluate their success
- Keep up with competitor products and industry trends
- Take complicated workflows and make them elegant.
- See the long-term vision and the immediate needs at the same time — and know when to switch lenses to focus on one or the other
- Keep up with the latest thinking on UX/UI and are ready to apply them to your work
- Ideally, you are:
- A systems-oriented thinker
- A supreme problem solver
- Incredibly organized
- Able to work autonomously as well as on a close-knit team
- Excited about the intellectual challenge of simplifying highly technical problems in elegantly simple ways
- Operating at a high level of emotional intelligence
- Looking for a fun, highly engaged team to collaborate with, contribute to and learn from
- Extra points:
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Experience taking disparate, complex ideas and synthesizing to create harmonious solutions
- Knowledge of the Title and Escrow industry