Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
We're looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our Atlassian Team Data team, who is on a mission to make our products easier and more satisfying to use. A mission that will impact the daily lives of millions that work in software development teams across the world.
As a Senior Product Designer for Atlassian, you'll work with a range of small, cross-functional teams. Mainly working with Engineers, but also partnering with Product Designers, Content Designers, Product Managers, Researchers and Product Analysts. You'll be part of the growing and thriving Atlassian Customer Experience team, committed to putting our customers first, internally and externally.
You'll lead some of our most complex and high impact design projects. While doing so, you'll also have an important role to play advocating for the design craft; you'll help improve the way our teams develop products and raise the quality bar for our users. If you want to make a meaningful impact to products that people rely on and use every day, this is an outstanding opportunity.
Your future team
What team is this you ask? The Data and Cloud Infrastructure orgs support a wide number of backbone products and services for Atlassian's internal teams worldwide. With the mission of "Better Engineering, Better Decisions" we are investing heavily on providing a strong foundation as we prepare for significant growth in the next two years.
Customer Experience as a whole is in the early stages across these two organisations where there are already dozens of engineering teams and hundreds of people. The roles within Customer Experience, including Design, Research and Content Design, are critical in partnering with Product, and Engineering to determine the direction of these two organisations that are heavily technical and complex.
What you'll do:
- You'll report to our Head of Experience Design
- Make a substantial impact at scale. We have more than 10M users worldwide—and teams (massive and small) depend on our software to do their work. Organisations like NASA, Twitter, and LinkedIn use Atlassian products every day. As a designer involved in everything from ground floor product strategy to UI implementation, your work will have an incredible customer impact.
- Have a large amount of ownership and autonomy across the entire design process; rather than designing individual features, you'll have the opportunity to define the end-to-end experience.
- Collaborate with some of the industry's smartest (and nicest) people. Day-to-day you'll work on a versatile product team, collaborating closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Content Designers, Researchers, Marketing Experts, and Analysts to champion the user experience in our products and ship high-quality work.
- Be a true champion for our users. We take design seriously, and in line with one of our core values ("Don't F the Customer"), are on a mission to become an experience-led company. We want to make our customers love how easily our products help them.
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of professional UX/product design experience, ideally designing complex or enterprise-level software
- Ability to drive user-centred design process to tackle complex Engineer problems
- Strong facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work across multiple teams, solicit and synthesize feedback, and facilitate design discussions
- Flexibility and openness to the iterative design process – constantly sketching, showing work in progress, validating with customers and data, iterating, shipping, learning, and growing.
- Experience with conducting and applying customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modelling
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- Experience improving process and methodology to drive up product quality, team velocity and customer empathy
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.