Senior Product Designer Think Company
ProductPhiladelphia, PA, US, Remote6 days ago
Due to ongoing public health concerns, Think Company continues to operate in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position.
Think Company is looking for a contract-based Senior Product Designerto join our team. As a member of this team, you should be well-versed in all aspects of experience design, and will drive the creation of elegant solutions for our client’s cutting-edge digital product lines, transforming ideas into a concrete UI with a polished aesthetic, prizing clarity of communication over visual flourish. Our designers take on projects that span a wide array of industries and settings from studio-based projects for organizations in growth mode to onsite teams helping Fortune 50 companies replatform.
You should have experience owning significant portions of major design initiatives, blending and balancing business goals with customer goals, creating beautiful and usable interactive prototypes, and partnering with multi-disciplinary teams.
If you love solving problems through an intensely collaborative design process with both clients and colleagues—and can communicate those ideas clearly—you may be our ideal candidate. In applying for this job, you should have a strong grounding in foundational interaction design principles, portfolio pieces demonstrating your ability to design for complex systems, and an innate interest in shaping our connected world.
We are not looking for experts in industrial product design as we are working within the digital product space.
Traits you bring:
- A deep passion and proven ability to design useful experiences honed through 4 – 8 years of professional experience
- Evidence that you can create, extend, maintain, and champion a coherent digital product design system
- Experience designing for complex systems or applications on multiple platforms, including mobile
- A near-obsessive attention to design details with a focus on efficiency
- Experience with and commitment to working as part of a collaborative team of designers, researchers, and content strategists that rely on a rigorous evidence-based design process
- Ability to work independently as needed
- Pride in communicating your design ideas and process clearly
- Mastery of your design tools—apps and techniques alike
- A solid understanding of front-end development and technology
- Familiarity with designing for accessibility and a desire to build these skills
- Comfort establishing and maintaining relationships with co-workers and clients
- Top-notch client consulting skills including the ability to present and defend ideas, formulate a case for an initiative, and quickly build trust as an advisor
What you’d do:
- Lead the creation of beautiful, usable, animated interactive prototypes (using tools like Invision, Figma, Sketch, etc.) to communicate solutions to complex product design challenges
- Establish scalable and comprehensive design systems for projects
- Work closely with development teams to ensure ideas can be brought to life
- Define problems and solve them using an evidence-based rationale
- Synthesize research findings to develop a coherent project strategy
- Collaborate closely with your project teams and clients to create compelling design solutions for complex products or systems
- Think through UX challenges and create UI solutions that stand up to rigorous testing
- Serve as a primary point of contact and valued consultant for our clients
- Stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in user interface and experience design
- Working knowledge of basic UX design and research principles and activities including user research methods, comparative/competitive analysis, persona creation, etc.
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our own organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, incomes, marital statuses, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran statuses.