Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As a Senior Product Designer for Trello, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Create innovative experiences that will increase Trello’s perception as a collaborative tool
- Work with incredible partner teams to shape the way teams work in Trello
- Simplify complex machine learning functionality into seamless, easy-to-digest use cases
- Ship meaningful changes to millions of users across the globe
- Leave your mark on a well-loved product
About the team:
- As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll be closely partnered with a Product Manager, Engineering Manager, and Content Designer to scope, plan, and execute on the team’s roadmap. In addition to working with your feature team, you’ll be part of the larger Trello Design Team where you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate, solicit critique, and grow alongside other designers.
- As a design team, our purpose is to weave the goals of our customers and our business into a seamless Trello experience. We champion experiences that are built for scale while still being designed for humans and loved by teams of all shapes and sizes. We believe that Trello’s uniqueness is our greatest strength.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6+ years of product design experience
- Proven ability to frame problems, excellent visual design skills, and a deep understanding of product analytics
- Confidence in presenting your work and getting others on board with your design direction
- Strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the ability to collaborate with, influence, and impact different cross-functional partners and teams across the organization
- Ability to balance vision with iteration, to make tradeoffs, and get the right user experience to market
- Incredible communication skills in one-on-one settings, group meetings, and writing, with the ability to give and receive feedback and translate technical content to non-technical people
- Robust experience conducting and applying customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modeling
- Comfortable defining projects and measures of success, testing your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporating feedback.
- Ability to apply your design skills in research, interaction design, and visual design to help craft and build new features.
- Balance data-informed insights alongside synthesizing customer research streams.
- Strong execution skills too, and are adept in modern tools such as Figma, Mural, and Keynote.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.