Senior Product Designer Wonolo
ProductCanada, US, Remote7 days ago
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find good jobs. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 500,000 underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo empowers the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
Wonolo is looking for a Senior Product Designer who will be responsible for bringing innovative experiences to life for our customers. In this role, you will partner with Product Managers, Software Engineers, and Business teams to develop our exciting line of B2B products for businesses to manage their on-demand workforce. You are a generalist with a broad range of experiences working on both web and mobile products, and fluent throughout the entire product development process, from discovery to interaction and visual design.
Product Design at Wonolo is part of the Technology Organization composed of Product Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers, and QA. Our Tech team is responsible for building the web and mobile products for our customers and worker community, as well as the matching algorithm, backend platform, and internal tools. We put users at the center of everything we do so if you’re customer-obsessed and looking for a high impact opportunity at a technology startup in scaling mode, please apply with your portfolio as we’d love to hear from you!
We are remote-first and welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the United States and Canada.
What you'll do:
- Lead cross functional projects with Product, Engineering, and Business teams to execute product design vision
- Deliver User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), and Interaction Design (IxD) for both web and iOS platforms
- Partner with UX Research to test and validate designs with users through usability testing of wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Share and solicit feedback from team members and stakeholders at various stages of development
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience working in UX, UI, or Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) related field
- Experience creating and shipping web-based products
- Proficiency in user-centered design practices, exploration, customer journey mapping, storyboarding, detailed interaction design, and visual design
- Highly proficient with design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch/Figma/Principle/Flinto, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, etc.)
- Excellent storyteller, you are effective at presenting your work and findings to Leadership and team members
- Strong understanding of responsive design, human interface guidelines (HIG), and material design patterns
- You demonstrate a commitment towards advancing representation and inclusion in and outside the workplace
- If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
- Experience creating and shipping mobile products (native iOS or Android)
- Knowledge of different research methodologies and their application
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary, meaningful equity, and company bonus
- We cover 100% insurance (medical/dental/vision) premiums
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules, an open vacation policy, and the ability to work from anywhere in the US or Canada (no more commutes!)
- Generous parental leave plan
- Cell phone reimbursement and laptop
- 401(k) plan as well as life and disability insurance
- Team outings, virtual happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 500,000 front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies like Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 140+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States and Canada. We are well funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2020 (Medium to Large)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging:
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal opportunity employer. We make the best effort to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies At Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement:
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but no limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.