The largest business and financial news site in the world, with unrivaled access to data, insights and original editorial content.Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900 million people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love — from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news.
Yahoo Finance is the leader in online market data, business and investing news. We are looking for innovative, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic designers to join our team as we drive the evolution of Yahoo Finance into new technology areas and market segments. We are committed to delivering a superb user experience and are just scratching the surface. Together, we are building great products, driving innovation, and most importantly delighting our users. Join our team to have an impact on the experience of millions of daily users.
You're likely to succeed in this roll, if you are someone who:
- Draws on all aspects of product design — information architecture, multi-step flows, motion — to create holistic experiences;
- Delivers consistent, polished and balanced layouts, through typography, color and visual hierarchy;
- Uses prototypes as a foundational piece of your design process both to identify appropriate solutions and influence stakeholders;
- Solves user problems in creative ways that go beyond obvious, expected solutions;
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence when interacting with teammates and other co-workers;
- Presents designs clearly and confidently to cross-functional partners and stakeholders;
- Takes initiative and accountability for timelines, deliverables and outcomes;
- Contributes to the design community within Yahoo and beyond;
- Desires and takes action to grow professional skills.
Product designers on Yahoo Finance collaborate with partners to define the vision for new features, while owning and driving the craftsmanship for every interaction and visual design detail.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Turn broad, ambiguous user and business challenges into clear, valuable and delightful solutions;
- Connect user research and data insights to design decisions at every stage of development;
- Incorporate best practices across multiple platforms and devices;
- Contribute to a design system that supports design and engineering processes;
- Mentor and give feedback with humor, grace and empathy to teammates and cross-functional partners.
- 5+ years of experience in digital product design for web and mobile software.
- Portfolio that demonstrates expertise in visual design, interaction design, prototyping and product thinking;
- Demonstrated history of leading a user-centered design process from end-to-end;
- Cross platform design skills in native, mobile web, and desktop are highly desired;
- Proficiency in Figma, Invision, Principle or other visual design, wireframing and prototyping tools;
- Proficiency in Figma. Working knowledge of Invision, Principle or other wireframing and prototyping tools;
- Experience working in an agile environment and with rapid prototyping;
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and ability to defend design decisions;
- Experience working with design systems and libraries;
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices;
- Knowledge of business, finance, and investing domain desired, but not required.