Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you live and breathe research, love working with people, and thrive on applying insights to influence product design and strategy? Atlassian is searching for a Senior Researcher to join our growing team of research experts.
You will join a talented, collaborative group that is helping Atlassian achieve its mission to unleash the potential of teams all over the world. You will have the opportunity to define and conduct research that not only informs our ultimate mission, but that also feeds the design, strategy and development of our work management products, including Confluence and Trello. This will see you working across teams and geographic locations, using your research craft skills to influence and impact our product teams. Our Research & Service Experience team is at the heart of helping uncover what makes these teams work well together.
As a Senior Researcher at Atlassian, you will:
Have the opportunity to make impact on a huge scale: we're searching for someone to help us identify and understand the questions we need to answer to move product strategy and execution forward. Your insights and discoveries will help inform not only our company strategy, but also our product experiences and long-term roadmaps.
You will partner with key stakeholders across product management, design, marketing, analytics and data science, and engineering to influence product design and direction. You will conduct end- to-end research using a variety of methodologies, to help us gain confidence in our understanding of our users (current and future), their needs and the opportunity this uncovers for our products. You'll be empowered to work with autonomy and creativity every step of the way, working with stakeholders to determine where the greatest impact can be made, and to triage research requests. We expect you to draw on other research programs and specialities within the wider team to bring additional depth and reliability to your insights, and effectively represent user research in key product discussions. You will have the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of how teams work together in all kinds of industries, all around the world and contribute to the development of a strong and innovative research practice across Atlassian.
On day one, we expect you to have:
- 5 years of hands-on experience designing and conducting user research that has had an impact. We expect to hear stories of how your research influenced product roadmaps and informed design decisions.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques (remote and in-person), along with the knowledge of when, why and how to apply them. We value your ability to be creative when thinking about the research problem you're trying to solve, and your ability to bring your team along on the journey of your discoveries.
- Communication skills that influence and inspire change. You know how to analyse qualitative data, synthesize into a coherent and truthful story, and how to create effective ways of sharing your insights so they resonate and are impactful across diverse audiences.
Preferred if you also have:
- MA or PhD in behavioural or social sciences, such as psychology, anthropology, sociology, human factors or a related subject area.
- A demonstrated ability to design, execute, and explain high quality mixed-methods (qual and quant) research, and to synthesize results across multiple methods.
- Professional experience in applied product research, preferably for a commercial B2B, B2C, or SaaS product, with a track record of your research being presented to influence product design and direction.
- An ability to implement creative approaches to researching often complex user experience challenges, and to communicate complex ideas into concise summaries with impactful storytelling.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.