As a Senior Researcher you will be responsible for using mixed methods to lead research into how artists, customers and concepts interact.
We are exploring fundamental strategic questions, such as:
- Who are our highest potential audiences on a global level?
- What do people need and aspire to from a travel experience?
- How should we structure and package our offering?
- How do we communicate and justify a mass-premium pricepoint?
- How do we enter new markets?
- How do we support LGBTQ+ travel? BIPOC travel? Family travel?
This is a senior role with a high degree of autonomy, freedom and ownership, and you will be regularly exposed to senior decision makers and executives. You will be collaborating heavily with the Pollen Presents strategy team, who are responsible for both helping determine Pollen’s strategic direction and making those plans a reality.
You should be whip-smart, analytical, autonomous, deeply immersed in culture and have an entrepreneurial drive to help shape the future strategy of Pollen. You should be able to drive qual and quant insights projects independently and communicate your thinking in well-structured, thoughtfully written research and strategy deliverables with minimal oversight.
In the first 6 months you will:
- Co-lead a business-critical piece of research on Pricing + PackagingThe Pollen Insights team is launching a piece of work that will define two critical questions for the business moving forward: how do we structure the different elements of a Pollen experience (Music, Community, Destination/Activity Set) and how much should we charge. Across ethnographic, core quant, conjoint and concept testing methodologies, we will explore the consumer’s needs across these dimensions and build a demand map that will guide Pollen’s core strategy for the next 3+ years. You will be a critical addition to the team, working with the head of market research and junior team members to analyze data, framework findings and create/share out high-impact deliverables.
- Develop an ethnographic + cultural understanding of target communities
- You will lead a core workstream for Pollen Insights moving forward: in-depth research into target communities of identity (Black, Latin, LGBTQ+, AAPI, etc) and affinity (food, adventure sports, yoga + wellness, ravers, etc). You will build an understanding of these communities that is equal parts rich in human texture and full of strategic + actionable insight, to guide our content and marketing teams in the creation of resonant, world-class experiences.
- Co-lead international market entry demand research
- You will be a key leader in driving exploratory and market entry research in new and emerging geographies. Pollen is exploring opportunities across continental Europe, Oceania, East Asia and LATAM, and your work will inform key decisions around go/no go, how to tailor experience and content design to local audiences and how to enter/grow on an ambitious timeline. This workstream will need to balance a deeply human and intuitive approach to understanding culture, and a rigorously analytical approach to assessing business opportunity.
- Excel at stakeholder management
- In this role, you will be expected to work across multiple teams - at any one point leading multiple cross-functional insights projects. To be successful, you will need to be able to manage multiple stakeholders all the way up to the C-suite.
- Mentor more junior staff
- As a senior researcher you will need to support the development of both more junior insights team members and non-technical colleagues through mentorship, supporting their skill growth, learning agenda and industry awareness.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations.
Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).