To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We're looking for an exceptionally talented and creative service designer to join us in making Salesforce the best place to work on the planet.
The Employee Experience (EX) team is a new group within Salesforce tasked with designing and delivering simple, intuitive and integrated experiences for our employees that recognize their unique needs, foster inclusivity and drive better business outcomes. We work across the organization to connect the dots and proactively monitor the pulse of our employees to inform where we focus and how we meet employees’ needs across the lifecycle.
As a Senior Service Designer, and one of the founding team members of the EX team, you will help lead our end-to-end employee experience design efforts - from framing the problem and ideation through rapid prototyping and iteration. You will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to look at the full organizational ecosystem and ensure experiences resonate and delight as intended.
To succeed in this role you should have a strong spirit of innovation and creativity, a high degree of intellectual curiosity, and be comfortable operating in a fast paced, “start-up” style, team-oriented organizational structure.
What You’ll Do
- Utilize human-centered design practices to tackle complex problems and enhance employee experiences
- Partner with People Analytics & Research and other teams to understand employee needs and ensure the “right” opportunity is defined and frame
- Lead design workshops with cross functional partners to orchestrate the “front and back of the house” to ensure experiences take into account the broader organizational ecosystem
- Develop key artifacts such as user flows, journey maps and service blueprints that lead to ideation and rapid prototyping but also help the organization understand the employee and influence decision-making
- Rapidly develop concepts / prototypes to be tested with end users (i.e., employees) to iterate and refine prior to implementing
- Develop and continuously refine our service design playbook that includes our approaches and assets to designing new experiences for employees
- Consult with leaders on experience best practices and impacts
Who You Are
- A human-centered problem solver. You are obsessed with the end user. You seek to understand people’s needs, motivations and behaviors in order to translate them into impactful experiences.
- A service design guru. You have demonstrated the ability to manage the full experience design lifecycle. You create experiences that not only delight, but also work and resonate within an organization’s ecosystem.
- A natural facilitator. You get energy from being in front of a (virtual) room and leading groups through workshops. You have the ability to eloquently navigate through challenging conversations and ensure all perspectives are heard.
- A visual and verbal storyteller. You deliver insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from stakeholders. You use various communication methods and approaches to align stakeholders on a common narrative and bring together multiple perspectives.
- A research enthusiast. You may not be a researcher by trade but you understand and are familiar with key user / design research methodologies. You love data and are a strong insights generator.
- A constant iterator. You have an innate desire to learn and evolve your craft and work. You iterate constantly and help others to adopt the same mindset.
- A balanced thinker. You love thinking big, and at the same time, you know when to dive into the details.
- A digital enabler. You are proficient in virtual collaboration, workshopping and design tools such as Figma, Lucid chart, Mural, etc.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.