The mission of Q Branch Industries is to build, deliver and support demonstration environments for use by our Solution Engineers (SEs) here at Salesforce. These demo environments incorporate the latest product capabilities that Salesforce has to offer, tailored to meet the needs of specific industries. With these demo environments, SEs have the tools that they need in order to deliver a best practice demo for a given industry and enable our SEs to scale, innovate and provide the best product demonstrations of their careers.
As a Senior Solutions Designer you will have a significant impact on Salesforce's success by designing, building and supporting our global demo delivery platform with industry specific solutions. In this role you will be responsible for a Salesforce Sales, Service, Marketing, and Commerce Cloud demo environment including branding and assets for the Retail & Consumer Goods industry. You will partner with Solutions Engineers, Industry Product & Marketing teams and other designers, developers, and writers within Q Branch Industries to bring cross-cloud Salesforce demos to life. This role contains a mixture of project management, design, technology, and enablement. This is your chance to define the future and set the standard for how Salesforce Solution Engineers demonstrate our solutions to prospects and customers.
- Serve as the project manager for the Retail & Consumer Goods Industry demo environment. Coordinate meetings with project stakeholders. Track the status of project tasks and timelines, assign tasks to yourself, Q Industries Shared Services, and Solutions Engineers, and communicate status to project stakeholders. Ensure project deadlines are met by yourself and project team members.
- Drive the ideation and design of end-to-end Salesforce demos that cross multiple solutions and platforms. Conduct stakeholder interviews with Solution Engineers to understand demo priorities and end customer needs. Review product feature release documentation to understand product positioning and functionality. Collaborate with project stakeholders to determine use cases, persona demographics, and product feature priorities.
- Design and build identified assets to support the Retail & Consumer Goods demo environment. Work will include a mixture of creative design for visual assets (branding, layout, typography, photography) to support emails, websites, or mobile application prototypes, configuration of product features within Salesforce Marketing Cloud, coding of HTML/CSS for emails, and the creation of marketing copy to be included in emails, websites, mobile applications, and/or social media advertisements.
- Document and develop demo guides with project stakeholders including which personas are included, which Salesforce products and features are being shown, a detailed click path on how to deliver the demo, and the overall story that will be told through the demo.
- Partner with Retail & Consumers Good industry stakeholders within the Solutions Engineering organization and the industry product & marketing teams; lead requirements gathering and identification of use case priority based on demand and market opportunity.
- Understand and implement the newest Salesforce features; keep up with the fast pace Salesforce product releases. This is an environment where you are always learning!
- Create & maintain demo enablement assets including presentations, demo guides, and videos.
- Communicate & market demo release updates to Solutions Engineers using Slack, presentations, and other internal knowledge-base solutions
- Measure and report on demo environment performance KPIs to understand user satisfaction, usage, and adoption
- Look for opportunities to improve our processes and approach that scales the quality and quantity of what we can provide for Solutions Engineers.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Informatics, Interactive Design, UX/UI Design, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years work experience with Visual Design, Interaction Design, and/or UX/UI Design
- Demonstrated project management skills to orchestrate complex projects
- Ability to recruit and lead a cross functional team to accomplish project goals
- Ability to prioritize and delegate work in a fast paced environment
- Have demonstrated design skills and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, or similar programs
- Have demonstrated proficiency with HTML and CSS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to establish credibility and rapport with leadership, technical, and non-technical team members.
- Experience working in or with companies in the Retail & Consumer Goods Industry a plus
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing, Service, Commerce, or Sales Clouds a plus
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.