We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyrollis an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
About The Team
The Technical Documentation team sits in the heart of the engineering web. Every day, we work with engineers, product owners, and QA to create highly detailed documentation that educates, thrills, and enhances our Knowledge Sharing culture. We support front and back-end teams across multiple offices in multiple countries, all in the name of promoting and supporting the highest quality anime video streaming services. We also offer guidance and support to non-engineering teams across Ellation as well as to our sister-company, Rooster Teeth.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
This is an estimated 9+ Month Contract
Searching for a quick-witted senior technical writer with excellent Atlassian Confluence and technical documentation skills to join a growing team of passionate nerds and geeks. You would be documenting backend processes, overview guides, runbooks, user guides, templates, and other types of documentation for platform services, applications, and other internal technical tools as well as be an enthusiastic Confluence Advocate and administrator. This position involves collaborating with Engineering, QA, PMO, and Product teams to create documentation under tight deadlines.
- 5-10 years’ experience in technical writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly experienced in Atlassian ecosystem, especially Confluence and Jira
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to communicate in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multitasking
- Unafraid to display technical writer nerdery
- Takes initiative with minimal supervision
A Day In The Life Of Our Technical Writer:
- Works under a documentation manager who will oversee documentation projects.
- Gathers, analyzes, and composes information provided by subject matter experts (SME).
- Translates SME information into clear, readable documents and process maps to be used by users
- Takes initiative to provide an overarching view of the technology for internal audiences.
- Ensures consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of documentation.
- Engages in formatting, editing, and quality assurance on own work and the work of others.
- Ensures documents are technically and mechanically accurate, and consistent with regard to clarity, flow, organization, completeness, and readability.
- Provides editorial, writing, and information architectural consultations to internal audiences.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll, the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Chisinau, Lausanne, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.