Okta is seeking a Technical Writer who is a seasoned communicator with a passion for teaching others through written communication of technical content. Someone who has experience in programming languages, the curiosity to investigate new technology, and can make complex things easy to understand.
As a technical writer on the team, you will teach developers how to build experiences on top of Okta’s Identity Platform. This will include writing conceptual and integration guides, API reference docs, developer guides, architectural diagrams, code samples, and tutorials to enable them to build on top of Okta’s platform.
We have a growing developer’s community as well as a strong integration ecosystem. If you are someone who has a passion for learning new technologies and want to help us drive adoption and ubiquity of our platform and ecosystem, this is the place for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the strategy and planning for product documentation in collaboration with engineering teams. Define and plan content projects, set targets, and measure success and effectiveness of deliverables leveraging Agile methodology.
- Work closely with engineering, product, QA, and support teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Design, draft, and edit technical and deployment documentation.
- Support multiple programming languages and platforms.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or developer outreach for a developer audience.
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation
- Experience with authoring tools such as XML, HTML, Markdown
- Experience with Jekyll and/or other static site generators
- Git or Github experience
- Experience documenting developer’s SDKs is a plus
Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, English, Journalism, Technical and/or Professional Writing, or a related degree