Senior User Researcher Aula
ResearchUK, Remote2 months ago
Lead research that will solve education’s most interesting challenges and help our team build a product that users love.
Join us on a 4 month contract User Researcher at Aula and help us understand the problems our users face. In this role you will be the catalyst to making every Aula team user centric. You will help us navigate and lead product innovation in the education space, building a deep understanding of users’ problems and turn user research into insights to inform the development of Aula’s technology and learning design.
- 4 Month Full-time Remote Contract Role within GMT - 5 to +1 (Think New York to Milan)
- Reporting to: Kelly Burdine (Data Lead)
- High-impact, high visibility role in a fast paced EdTech startup
- Day Rate - £350 to £400 a day
Aula is the Learning Experience Platform (LXP) for higher education.
We are building a community-first product that brings together students and educators in a digital environment to interact and collaborate.
Our team’s core focus is enabling both Aula and our educators to make data informed decisions. We build things core to decision making within the business and a recommendations feature within our product that helps educators help students succeed.
This role is unique due to the fact that you will have impact across the whole organisation. You will work for commercial teams, to help them understand our clients better, Our learning teams to understand how people use our platform.
In this role you will
- Evangelize research. Share user insights with the broader organisation and externally in creative ways to increase empathy
- Categorize educator feedback for use in Productboard
- Support the company objective to double the percentage of educators who say they love Aula by surveying and interviewing educators and analyzing the results to provide insights to our PMs to create the most impactful product roadmap
- Help our educators and partner institutions understand Aula’s impact on educators and students by analyzing product usage, survey data, and user interviews and create compelling insights and reports
- Work with the VP of marketing to design and execute a research project to understand student and educator needs in the U.S. market
- Help our partnership team and VP of marketing gain a deeper understanding of the benefits of Aula and experiment and validate the external language used to advertise those benefits
- Create a user research repository to centralize and organize our user research and make it easily accessible to all Aula decision makers
- Expand and nurture our panel of users, making it more efficient to recruit users for research across the company.
What you need to do the Job
The most important thing about you is that you are curious and care deeply about how data empowers better decision making. You are transparent, considerate and ready to work hard to further our mission.
- Extensive experience conducting a wide variety of qualitative research methods such as semi-structured interviews, usability studies, diary studies, survey analysis, and jobs-to-be-done research
- Experience designing and conducting surveys and analyzing qualitative survey responses
- Experience planning, scoping, analyzing, and communicating product research with decision-makers
- Working in SaaS, analyzing product usage data and designing and analyzing A/B experiments
- Creating visualizations in modern data tools (e.g. Looker, Metabase, Sisense, Tableau)
- Basic understanding of statistics and quantitative data analysis
You approach everything you do proactively and are always looking for ways to improve and innovate. You understand that this is a small team in a startup that is scaling and are excited to contribute to the Aula story.
Apply today and our recruiting team will get back to you as soon as possible to arrange a quick call.
A fair chance
Every role in the Aula team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.