What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health.
The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Ready to have a big impact on the world? At Indigo you will have the opportunity to do just that, by building deep understanding of our users into our work to reinvent the way crops are grown and sold.
We are a growing UX team, creating software solutions for farmers, grain buyers, agronomists, and others. We are looking for a Senior User Researcher to join our User Research team and help make it a driving force for change in the farming industry. If you love doing User Research and want to bring your own stamp on the future of the function in an innovative startup environment, we’d love to talk!
- Deepen our knowledge of our Grain Marketplace users and bring that knowledge to bear on product decisions
- Build on prior research and available knowledge to gain a deep understanding of the grain marketplace and its users
- Plan and conduct studies to bring key insights to teams in time to make good decisions
- Lead field research studies with multifunctional teams
- Identify opportunities for high-impact research, through work with our Product, Design, Customer Success, and Offering teams
- Balance research needs across product development squads, and prioritize and scope research studies to produce as much high-value insight as possible
- Help build User Research as a discipline across the company
- Advocate and enable User Research democracy by developing and curating tools, templates, and processes to support self-serve User Research
- Coach cross-functional teammates in building User Research skills
- Exemplify and evangelize the power of high-quality User Research to drive product and company success
- Ensure the efficiency and reach of User Research insights
- Help design, establish, and socialize a robust storehouse of user insights that enables teammates to see easily what we know about different user types
- Self-starter: see needs, proactively develop ways to meet them
- Positive, can-do attitude; comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong networking skills and ease at building rapport with all kinds of users and colleagues
- Able to juggle multiple projects, prioritize them, and make forward progress
- Teamwork: bring others along; share knowledge; acknowledge others’ contributions
- Excellent communication skills: able to tell a good story and inspire confidence
- Able to balance passion and vision with flexibility and patience
- Commitment to Indigo’s mission and core values
- Ongoing desire to learn and grow
- Experience leading studies across the spectrum of User Research: foundational and generative research, discovery (big D and little d), concept testing, design validation, and measurement
- Experience leading field research and including non-research teammates
- Demonstrated skills in qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Strong experience applying appropriate methods to research questions, considering needs, resources, and constraints
- Experience supporting research across multiple product areas (different scrum teams / squads)
- Experience coaching non-user researchers in user research basics
- Experience in an agile environment, working closely with Design and Product teams
- Bonus points for:
- Background in agriculture – farming, ranching, grain marketing – or finance (trading)
- Experience with a variety of User Research tools
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.