Note on Location: We are open to this role being located in Seattle, WA or Toronto, Ontario.
Are you inspired by designing simple applications for complex supply chain problems that drive business impact to the tune of billions of dollars? Are you interested in building applications for Amazon suppliers that help them simplify their manufacturing and logistics? Do you want to work with an agile software development team and Product Managers? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Senoir UX Designer role with the SCOT Global Sourcing team.
A day in the life
As the Lead UX Designer, you will own and drive the design for multiple applications and platforms that support the Direct Import business and technology. You will collaboratively work with Product and Engineering to create, refine, and explore ways in which selling partners across the world can leverage a suite of self-service tools to use Amazon's leading supply chain solutions. In a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you’ll drive UX design from early-stage, Version 1 concepts all the way through final delivery and launch. You’ll work closely with product management, engineering, and executive leadership across multiple organizations in Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT), Amazon Global Management (AGM), Amazon Retail Business and beyond.
About the hiring group
We are looking for a talented and experienced design leader with exceptional problem-solving abilities, clear communication skills, and solid design instincts who can translate business needs into fantastic customer-focused solutions. Ideal candidates are self-starters who bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on. They are responsive, flexible, and thrive in collaborative work environments.
· Lead the end-to-end UX Design for multiple platforms and tools supporting SCOT-DI.
· Create user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, voice of the customer, user journeys, customer feedback, and usability findings.
· Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications to Product and Engineering teams, as well as business stakeholders and executive leadership.
· Create branding guidelines and design standardization across all of the team's products.
· Incorporate customer feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into design.
· Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications.
· Performing metrics analysis post-launch to inform design/UX optimization efforts.
· Be resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities.
· Last but not least, have fun in the process!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· An available online portfolio
· 6+ years of design experience
· Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
· Experience designing applications with multiple user touch points with specialty in web design.
· Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
· Expertise in UX performance optimization using qualitative and quantitative assessment.
· UX design experience across global markets.
· In addition to expertise in web, working knowledge in design for mobile and other devices.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
· Professional proficiency in high-fidelity mockup and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, or equivalent.
· Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment.
· Relentless desire for innovation while balancing user model with implementation model.