- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, etc.), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in UX design.
- Experience working on early-stage products.
- Experience working in Healthcare and implementation science.
- Experience in service design and managing others.
- Experience applying Human Factors principles and practices to medical device design.
- Understanding of computer vision and Artificial Intelligence.
- Ability and desire to work in all phases of the design process (e.g., thinking and making).
About the job
As a Senior UX Designer at Google Health, you’ll work on imaging and diagnostics with researchers to identify user needs and workflows, craft a product roadmap and narrative with cross-functional partners, and advocate for users and patients with stakeholders.
You will be responsible for interaction and service design, including translating Artificial Intelligence (AI) research to clinical use and designing pilots with healthcare partners. You’ll oversee product design from the early stage of developing and communicating product concepts to launches.
Google Health has made major advances in healthcare research, such as detecting eye disease more quickly and accurately than experts, planning cancer radiotherapy treatment in seconds rather than hours, and working to detect patient deterioration before it happens with electronic records.
Fundamental research is at the core of Google Health - the multidisciplinary team collaborates with partners to publish novel research in renowned scientific journals. They then work to apply this research into the medical field through clinical hardware and products developed in Google. Working alongside colleagues across Google, you’ll help make this vision a reality.
- Collaborate with research partners to understand user needs, translate into user journeys and interfaces, and co-lead participatory design sessions.
- Design AI workflows, services, and interfaces. Communicate and present design concepts, insights, and outcomes to stakeholders.
- Expand and scale platform capabilities by balancing the needs of multiple health industry teams.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Contribute to the larger Healthcare AI UX group, providing feedback to other designers and facilitating workshops that help the team grow.