Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Senior UX Motion Designer – Redwood Design System
Every day, enterprises around the world focus on how to help their employees work simpler and smarter. At Oracle, we’re committed to creating a state-of-the-art consumer-grade enterprise experience that connects, empowers, and delights our users, and is the factor that distinguishes our software from the competition.
We are looking for full stack user experience designers who:
- Thrive on working well with others
- Get stuff done
- Are fantastic storytellers
- Love to learn
- Want to create dramatic and impactful change
You might have learned your craft via formal training or via on-the-job training. For most candidates, it’s a combination of both. As long as you’ve got experience and passion for doing this work at the highest level, we’d love to talk to you and see a portfolio of the work you’re most proud of.
With regards to the Redwood Design System, we are committed to creating world class motion across our component ecosystem. This includes a relentless attention to detail and clean, highly performant motion that can be designed and shipped, and distinguishes us from the competition.
We are looking for a Senior UX Motion Designer who:
- Can work within design constraints
- Collaborates well with UX designers
- Can design simple, clean, elegant motion
- Iterates on multiple ideas
- Is highly organized
- Has a relentless attention to detail
- Has expertise in Adobe After Effects
- Employs clean workflows for team collaboration
- Is familiar with the Figma > AE workflow using AEUX
What will you do as a MxD Designer on Oracle’s Redwood Design System Team?
- Partner with PMs, UX, and Visual Designers to create clean, performant motion visualizations and iterations
- Use motion to help expose hidden edge cases that are not apparent in the UX
- Design motion with the Redwood Motion System design patterns
- Establish new motion patterns when necessary
- Work with design files in Figma, animate them in After Effects and/or Figma, and create a motion spec based on the provided template
- Partner closely with engineering teams for handoff and ensure QA of final motion
We have a studio in Guadalajara, Mexico. If you're interested, please get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses.
Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Job: Product Development
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire