Senior UX Researcher App Annie
ResearchRemote10 days ago
***PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PORTFOLIO WHEN YOU APPLY***
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
“I’m responsible for research that feeds the strategy, design, and development of all our web and mobile products. I create understanding and empathy around user needs for the entire product team including UX designers, product managers, and engineers. I work together with other UX designers, product managers, and engineers to create state of the art products and features. I help identify our customers’ needs and pain points, to make strategic recommendations that help them better navigate mobile data, and the app economy at large”.
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
- You will drive the complete research process for the company, exploring the needs, behaviors, emotions and motivations of our users through methods like usability testing, ethnography, logs analysis, surveys, interviews, and field visits.
- You will design and conduct research that will help us to create useful, usable, and delightful products and features for our customers.
- You will lead the UX research discipline for the company, and will steward the best practices, methodologies, and processes for the rest of the UX design team to follow.
- You’ll influence and inspire change at all stages of the product development process by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings.
- You will be working with a global, distributed team, managing applications that support multiple languages
- You are self driven and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Deep experience conducting customer or prospect interviews, contextual field visits, and usability studies (live or remote, i.e. usertesting.com).
- Broad understanding of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience in survey design (e.g. Qualtrics).
- Self-motivated and execution-oriented. Ability to deliver work at a high level of quality in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Excellent communication skills, with strong ability to synthesize and communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing
- You have good business sense; you understand how UX impacts business KPI’s.
- Nice to have: Workshop planning and facilitation experience.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the work you do. You just make it happen. Boom!
This is what we have to offer…
- We provide a WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!