At Microsoft, we’re building a culture based on learning: We want to know what our customers want and what’s going to make their work and lives better. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Senior Design Researcher who’s driven by empathy for customers, and the need to know how to serve them better. And we need you right now, because we’re building one of the fastest-growing, highest-impact technologies in the world today.
Azure is seeking a motivated, creative researcher who’s obsessed with understanding customers and excited about the cloud. You’ll work closely with an interdisciplinary team to deliver the next generation of experiences for Microsoft Azure. You should have experience with a broad array of research methods and activities. As your product team creates new features, you’ll help them make decisions based on data and user perspectives. You bring your skills to your fellow collaborators with optimism, a retractable ego, and an open mind.
In our team, we believe in the power of inclusion, diversity of ideas, work / life balance, and the joy of solving challenging problems. We help large enterprises use Azure however and wherever they need it: in the cloud, on the edge, all at huge scale. We strive for a collaborative culture where everyone can flourish and innovate, including in our own approaches to the ever-changing global climate.
Join us, and you’ll be a part of a passionate community of UX professionals, working on one of the most exciting and fastest growing products at Microsoft! #CloudDesignStudio
- Create and drive plans for research studies and/or programs across a product, product lines or service(s).
- Drive generative research that will identify product opportunities and identify critical information about our users.
- Apply a variety of research methods to improve and inform product experience and strategy.
- Synthesize across new and existing qualitative & quantitative data to create insights that will influence business and product spaces.
- Influence stakeholders with your research by communicating findings through storytelling and other strategic methods to influence product and business decisions.
- Collaborates across disciplines and teams to drive research that will cross product boundaries.
- Contribute to the team culture through mentorship, coaching, and driving programs that will help grow the research discipline within Microsoft.
- At least 4 years of experience conducting user research, preferably in the technology industry.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in psychology, Human-Computer Interactions, human factors (HF engineering OR HF psychology), industrial engineering, or a related field.
- Proven record of having an impact on products with research activities.
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies (usability studies, interviews, site visits, surveys, user modeling, card sorting, etc.).
- Experience and expertise in quantitative research methods are a plus.
- A high-quality portfolio review presentation is required to interview for this role. Your presentation should demonstrate your research experience, rationale for methodologies chosen, and communication skills.
- Experience generating research plans.
- Ability to define and track user experience metrics.
- Coordinating work on multiple products/releases.
- Ability to effectively communicate rich customer data and articulate the implications of research findings in clear and compelling ways.
- Able to influence key stakeholders through oral and written communications.
- Ability to work within tight timelines and with excellent project management skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.