At HubSpot our core value is to Solve for the Customer. The UX team lives this everyday as we strive to better understand, serve, and delight our customers.
Our newest product line, Operations Hub, is looking for an experienced researcher to join our UX Research team. The number one priority of this team of researchers and designers is to help businesses fulfill their missions. Read more about Operations Hub here.
We’ve all experienced when software fails us or makes us do silly and time consuming workarounds. It halts our flow, it ruins our progress and it ultimately takes away from our ability to fulfill our purpose. As a research leader in this space, you will bring these experiences to life and partner with our product teams to ensure our solutions are both good for humans and also for HubSpot.
You’ll be diving deep into the role of data in our customer’s day-to-day by understanding how they address tough challenges like integrating disparate data sources, modeling their businesses and keeping everything in good working order. This is a fantastic opportunity for a strategic, resourceful and energetic team player who wants to architect research strategy and help build a user-centric culture for an important business unit.
Embedded within HubSpot’s product organization, you will partner with individual contributors and leadership from our Design, Product Management, Analytics, and Engineering teams to uncover deep insights about our users' behaviors and attitudes. You will weave results into comprehensive customer stories with actionable recommendations that influence key decisions and product direction across the company. You'll think big about new areas, test concepts as they are being developed, and evaluate products once they've rolled out.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Collaborate with other UX researchers, product managers, product designers, and engineers to help define and refine the product experience for a brand new product line.
- Work with product analysts and product experts to triangulate data from multiple sources
- Strategize and socialize the learning agenda, research plan, and approach
- Conduct research, synthesize data, and report findings to stakeholders
- Use your findings to influence product teams to improve product utility, usability, and satisfaction
- Evangelize the UX research discipline and the UX Research team throughout HubSpot
We are looking for people who have:
- Success leading high visibility and strategic user research projects with demonstrated impact
- Ability to influence diverse teams to leverage research to set high-level strategy
- Broad tool set of research techniques
- Knowledge of data analytics
- Great listening and communication skills
- Awareness of your own and others’ biases and the ability minimize them in your work
- Ability to identify and articulate behavioral patterns
- The desire to dig deep into the data and are energized by unstructured discovery or exploratory research
- Experience with SaaS products
- Experience creating study plans for discovery research
- Experience running design thinking workshops
- Experience with field methods
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
In September 2021, the US government issued new federal vaccine guidance that certain government contractors must adhere to. HubSpot is a covered federal contractor and so, based on this guidance, our US-based employees are required to be vaccinated, and show proof of vaccination, by Dec. 8, 2021. What does this mean for you as a potential candidate? It means that if you were to join HubSpot, you would need to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021 or by your hire date (whichever is later) to be eligible to start in the role. As a condition of employment, you would need to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. HubSpot will consider and review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates. Please consider this new requirement when applying to HubSpot.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.