$110,000 - $160,000 a year
Who We Are
PartsTech is an automotive technology company. We help repair shops find the right parts fast. One search shows you live inventory and wholesale pricing from all of a shop’s parts suppliers.
Repair shops rely on us to provide them with access to the necessary parts inventory to keep vehicles moving through their bays as quickly as possible.
How We Run Things
As a Senior User Researcher you will report to the VP of Product and you will be a part of the product team which currently consists of product management, product design, and user research. We employ design thinking which means we empathize with our users, define and select problems worth solving, ideate on solutions, test solutions with the target audience, and work directly with the development team to bring the best solution to life. We don’t just implement features, we end up with features that solve a specific problem.
You don’t have to fight for good design and usability because it’s already baked into our process. The best part is our users love giving feedback and participating in interviews, prototype testing, and more.
Where We’re Located
We have strong roots in Massachusetts and Connecticut, but we’re a global team. You can expect to be working with team members throughout the U.S. and overseas.
What We’re Looking For
You have a startup mentality. You are completely comfortable in an environment that moves quickly and easily pivots as new product-changing information becomes available. This doesn’t mean we’re changing the roadmap every two weeks, but it does mean we avoid the sunk cost fallacy (we don’t move forward with bad decisions just because we already put time into something). You will be helping with team-level research and prototype testing. You will also be responsible for producing a company-level research roadmap that will help uncover larger needs and help set the direction of the product team.
- Support team-level research objectives and testing needs
- Create a company-level research roadmap and execute on it to uncover needs that will influence the roadmap
- Present relevant research projects to the entire company to help them get familiar with ongoing research efforts and better connects them with our customers
- Establish best practices for managing and recruiting participants, attending usability sessions, and getting access to past research data
- Mentor product management and product design on effective research methods
- Gain access to in-person sessions with users to explore how they operate in their environment
- You have a history of projects that demonstrate a variety of different research methods utilized to get certain outcomes
- Strong understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- You have examples of being an internal advocate for user research (at PartsTech this isn’t to convince people we need research it’s to keep everyone connected to the customer)
- Experience working with product managers and product designers in a software development environment (ideally SaaS)
- You have clear examples of how you have led research efforts from beginning to end
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote