Job Description Summary:
The customer is at the center of everything we do at PayPal. As a leader in financial technologies, PayPal teams are cross-functional and inspired by the goal of improving the financial wellbeing of people and businesses around the world. Our cross-functional team of designers, researchers, engineers, and product leaders partner across the PayPal family of companies as one team to deliver unique and meaningful products for millions of customers around the world.
As a UX Researcher within the Shopping team, you will play a role in developing deep understanding of consumers globally. You will work alongside your cross-functional team members to influence decisions and ultimately deliver the best possible shopping experience for our consumers around the world.
At PayPal, UX Researchers influence teams to make customer-centric decisions across the product development lifecycle. This includes early research to understand customer needs and problems and continues through to post-launch research that informs future iterations. Our studies employ a variety of qualitative research methods. We start with asking the right questions and end with targeted deliverables and storytelling that captivate and move stakeholders to action. UX Researchers focus on the impact of our research and are steadfast advocates for our customers. As a UX Researcher, you will be the voice of the customer. You will craft research programs that bring team members answers to their most important questions.
You will report to the Manager of our Global Commerce UXR team and be a member of our diverse Global Design Organization where we use our design and research skills to inspire and influence across the company. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds inside our team lead to innovation and inclusion in our product design. We advocate for meaningful and engaging experiences for our diverse global customers. We support each other, learn from challenges, and have fun along the way.Job Description:
- Proactive member of a cross-functional product team(s) focused on identifying research opportunities.
- Execute research studies from beginning to end: identifying the right research questions, defining the participant sample, designing the study and executing with attention to detail and quality.
- Clear understanding of how various research functions and data sources (e.g. Market Research, Product Marketing, Analytics etc) contribute to the product development lifecycle how to leverage them.
- Present actionable insights and recommendations to multiple teams and leaders across the organization.
- Plan and deliver multi-phased research projects within budget, timeline and project requirements.
- Contribute to the community, providing support to junior team members, leveraging your strengths to help others grow. Be a part of our thriving UX Research practice, and culture.
- BA/BS + 5 yrs or Masters +4 yrs
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in the study of user experience, design, research or related fields; for example, Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors/HCI, Psychology, Cognitive Sciences OR alternative equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Experience across products and platforms, financial services expertise an advantage.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative research methods and approaches.