Music for everyone, no credit card needed. It’s a promise our platform was built on. And here in the Free team, we’re still building on it. We work on a massive scale, bringing people from all kinds of disciplines and all parts of the business together to deliver an amazing freemium experience to more than 129 million users worldwide. Want to help shape the future of free? Here’s how.
We work at the intersection of advertising and messaging technologies to connect millions of brands to billions of fans. As part of the Advertising team, we’re paving the way for a sustainable global Spotify business that allows even more creators to make a living off their art. Help us build the platform that powers promotion at Spotify.
Join our team to create experiences and tools that help brands and businesses to tell their stories and reach Spotify listeners. In this role, you’ll help build and evolve Spotify Ad Studio, our self-service advertising tool.
You’ll join a cross-functional group working on key strategic and growth efforts for Spotify – looking critically at how we build tools for advertisers, creating best-in-class experiences that grow and thrive within the Spotify ecosystem. We are looking for someone passionate about using their craft to help us create strategies and beautifully designed products. How do we deliver valuable, understandable experiences that provide real value to advertisers in the context of Spotify? How do we balance what’s good for business and our advertisers, with the need to champion, empower, and protect our listeners and the content they come to listen to? How do you empower advertisers of all kinds to become creators themselves?
What you’ll do
- Write clear, consistent, concise user-interface content, emails, notifications, and product tours at all stages of the advertiser journey.
- Evolve our holistic content strategy for our advertising product experience.
- Champion a cohesive brand story for our advertiser experiences and tools.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, and engineers to deliver compelling UX solutions.
- Act as a subject matter authority who can present and rationalize work to partners.
- Use data and research to evaluate content’s impact.
- Maintain and document evolving content, brand, and voice/tone standards.
- Effectively balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Help lead projects alongside your design and cross-functional partners, across the entire user journey and ongoing product lifecycle.
- Consider problems from multiple angles. You’ll produce an array of divergent approaches informed by a confluence of user needs, business objectives and technical capabilities.
- Be autonomous. You’ll help promote an understanding for your discipline and the value it brings to the product development process. You’ll provide teams with the methods, process and solutions needed to execute strategy. You’ll drive progress through obstacles by building alignment and making decisions - taking responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years of experience writing or editing content for the web and mobile experiences, as a UX writer, information architect, content strategist, or similar. Experience designing for B2B and SaaS tools are big pluses.
- Bonus if you have experience writing for self-serve platforms or advertising tools.
- You’re a great communicator.
- You’re a systems-thinker who loves to create simple and elegant experiences for complex products.
- You have the skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and help bring strategy to life.
- You are a holistic user experience thinker that considers every facet of the user journey.
- You enjoy solving problems, big and small, for all kinds of users. You are constantly looking to hone your executions through user feedback.
- You’re an expert in your craft, but you recognize the importance of setting aside the time and space to learn and grow.
- You have a portfolio or case studies that you can share with us, to help us learn how you think and practice your craft.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.