Amazon Just Walk Out as a Service (JWOS) delivers solutions to Retail businesses to help simplify the in-store experience for their shoppers. Our enterprise-ready retail technology enables shoppers to simply enter a store, grab what they want, and just go. Born from years of experience at Amazon Go, Just Walk Out uses a combination of technologies to eliminate checkout lines bringing fast and convenient transactional experiences to shoppers. JWOS is seeking a highly skilled and self-directed Senior Visual Designer to support industry-leading content.
A Day in the Life:
In this position, you will have the unique opportunity to concept and design the B2B and B2C online and offline marketing materials for all of our physical retail technologies. You will partner with the marketing team to design campaigns that include in-store materials, landing pages, emails, display ads and more. You will also work with the Business Development team to identify materials (email templates, presentations, etc.) to support our prospective and existing partners in their journey with us.
Inclusive Team Culture: Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Balance: Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
Mentorship & Career Growth: Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign opportunities based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded contributor.
· Responsible for the creation and design of integrated marketing materials including print, digital, social, broadcast, collateral, and event activities to communicate the value proposition of our physical store retail technologies.
· Maintain brand integrity by regulating use of our logos, messaging and imagery, upholding brand identity and quality. Consistently look for messaging growth opportunities.
· Manages projects/programs/campaigns through the entire lifecycle: planning, creative, production, delivery, and wrap
· Ensure all deliverables are meeting stakeholder expectations, including adherence to established timelines and budgets, creation of budget controls to drive accuracy in forecasting, and alignment with legal department to ensure relevant guidelines are followed.
· Work with legal and business teams to secure usage rights, assess risk, and clear work for distribution.
· 6+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
· Bachelor’s degree in design, visual/graphic design or brand strategy, marketing, or commensurate experience
· 8+ years of industry experience as a visual designer, marketing designer, graphic designer, or similar VX-related role
· 5+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product marketers, design leaders, and stakeholders for implementation of visual design and marketing campaigns, brand standards and design specs/guidelines
· Experience creating visual design for marketing teams in a B2B space
· Demonstrated compositional and typographical skills
· Fluency in best practices for web-based design, as well as strong knowledge of design principles and techniques
· Demonstrated ability to influence and lead projects from concept to delivery and ongoing improvement
· Proven ability in art direction for large scale, multi-channel marketing and product marketing campaigns
· Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills for presentations with senior leadership
· Proven experience implementing visual designs for mobile/web products and developing visual design systems to serve a broader ecosystem of products
· Experience in ownership of projects and communicating timelines and executing independently