- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience leading cross-functional work with Product Management and Engineering partners.
- A portfolio that demonstrates interaction and visual design experience (from concept generation to use case-definition, from interaction model definition to user flow and design specs).
- Master's degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience designing for large, complex, consumer-facing brands.
- Proficiency with Figma and/or Sketch, Adobe XD, other design tools.
- Ability to collaborate across UX, Engineering, Product Management, Operations – and in some cases across product areas– to define and design critical user journeys for all major growth use cases.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong visual design skills, layout, typography and high graphic standards.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s Interaction Designers take complex tasks and make them intuitive and easy-to-use for billions of people around the globe. Throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—you’ll envision how people will experience our products, and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As an Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love to use.
You are a visual designer to help craft new delightful experiences that meet the needs of first time smartphone users in India. In this role, you’ll help develop and implement visual design language and design system thinking. We're building a team, primarily based in the UK and India.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Push creativity and evolve the continued development of Android's design language for new/novice Internet users.
- Create high quality design proposals, and drive projects from concept to completion, and closely partner with the visuals team Art Director on design system documentation to identify and discuss new areas of visual expression at scale.
- Contribute to and advocate for visual design standards and language across Android experiences while focusing on devices.
- Advocate design system/process learnings and best practices across Google.
- Foster user- centric design culture, values, and principles within the group and to the broader organization to elevate craft.