Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
We are seeking a visual designer with a developed and sophisticated design approach to help elevate our visual identity in our products. You will bridge product and brand design through craft, education and by creating scalable design processes. Your role will be embedded with the Dropbox Interface Guidelines (DIG) design systems team and will report into the creative director leading brand in product. Your role will be pivotal in maintaining our visual identity system guidelines, critiquing design work with an eye for brand strategy and systems. Through collaborating with strategists, writers, designers and engineers, you will build creative ways to tell the Dropbox story.
- Comprehensively understand the Visual Identity System and Dropbox Interface Guidelines (DIG), and be able to identify areas for growth and refinement.
- Work collaboratively with brand and product design teams, critiquing and reviewing work during office hours, and building relationships across the design org.
- Contribute to the Dropbox brand, building consistency and coherence across the customer journey.
- Drive projects.
- Strong ability to write guidelines; coach and educate from those guidelines.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience working at an agency or in-house.
- A strong design portfolio showcasing web, digital, interactive work.
- Excellent visual design and typography skills.
- Coaching and mentoring other designers on visual design.
- Fluency in Figma.
- Effectively communicate ideas and strategic rationale.
- Engage in brainstorming sessions and constructive design critiques.
- Embrace an iterative design process and be receptive to feedback.
- Able to independently drive multiple projects at a time, meet tight deadlines, and push projects further than expected.
- Foster strong working relationships with team members and cross-functional partners.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working on and contributing to design systems teams is a plus.
- Experience with motion and prototyping is a plus.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)