Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM CIO is searching for talented Visual Designers to join our CIO Design team in providing IBMers with a great user experience for our internal solutions. We drive excellence in employee solutions by successfully merging business and user goals, creating solutions that deliver intuitive user interfaces that increase adoption and drive business success. In this role, you will work both independently as well as closely with stakeholders, talented UX professionals and others in a multidisciplinary team to design web and mobile solutions for the Global IBM user audience.As a Visual Designer, you will be responsible for producing high quality visual designs for desktop, web, and mobile applications at a variety of resolutions. Working with the project team, you will create visual treatments and implement creative approaches as well as ensuring technically practical application. This role is involved with the project throughout the design and development cycle and works closely with the client, local and/or virtual teams to ensure standards of excellence. This role is also responsible for development of final, production-ready digital assets, as well as creating and iterating on visual assets that reflect a brand, enforce a language, and delight the user.
- Design the creative concept
- Understand and assure IBM’s brand characteristics and attributes
- Create visually engaging and innovative web and mobile products
- Produce visual elements, assets, and visual treatments that adapt with responsive design systems
- Deliver visual design specifications and style guides to document and define user interfaces
- Oversee visual and graphical implementation
- Deliver final production-ready assets
- Work in tandem with project team & front-end developers to ensure accurate delivery of visual designs
In order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Once IBMers are no longer working from home due to COVID-19, this will be an office based position that can be in one of the following locations: New York, NY; Southbury, CT; Research Triangle Park, NC. We will not be providing relocation assistance and there is no option for this to be a fully remote role.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 7 years’ experience in designing, working with development, and delivering innovative and delightful web applications
- Demonstrated knowledge in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, and/or other design tools
- Portfolio of previous projects and work products produced
- Solid understanding of technical concepts and constraints
- Ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions, while maintaining attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Design, Graphic Arts, Design, or design related field
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 10 years’ experience in designing, working with development, and delivering interactive applications for clients
- Experience with designing responsive mobile applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile development processes and Design Thinking
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Master’s Degree in Visual Design, Graphic Arts, Design, or design related field